Current time: 04/05/2024, 21:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach 2017/18 order
RE: Stagecoach 2017/18 order
Why would Chester need anything new, they have a young fleet and is not the world most profitable depot.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/03/2017 22:37)T42 PVM Wrote:  Why would Chester need anything new, they have a young fleet and is not the world most profitable depot.

Precisely. Chester received 17 brand new Enviro200s last year while Rock Ferry and Preston didn't get any new vehicles at all
Find all posts by this user
Interesting that Kendal may be getting B5TLs, would these be ADL, Wright or even MCV? Also interesting the concept of them being open tops, considering the S BWCs are getting converted to DDA afaik.
(10/03/2017 23:20)joe_alker Wrote:  Interesting that Kendal may be getting B5TLs, would these be ADL, Wright or even MCV? Also interesting the concept of them being open tops, considering the S BWCs are getting converted to DDA afaik.

You'd have to assume it will be Wrights, as they're the only people offering an "off-the-shelf" open top. (OK, I know MCV do as well, but Stagecoach have no relationship with them).

The S-BWCs are only getting DDA certification because there hasn't been any suitable replacements identified that would be available for the start of the season at Easter.
(10/03/2017 23:46)mbonwick Wrote:  You'd have to assume it will be Wrights, as they're the only people offering an "off-the-shelf" open top. (OK, I know MCV do as well, but Stagecoach have no relationship with them).

The S-BWCs are only getting DDA certification because there hasn't been any suitable replacements identified that would be available for the start of the season at Easter.

Michael, didn't ADL once have an open top product available? I vaguely remember seeing orange ones heading down the M74 a few years ago (unless they were LHD for export)!
(10/03/2017 23:58)SandyDrew Wrote:  Michael, didn't ADL once have an open top product available? I vaguely remember seeing orange ones heading down the M74 a few years ago (unless they were LHD for export)!

I think this is correct, they had an Enviro400 open top LHD and also Enviro500 open tops but both the old shape body - not to say they won't develop an open top MMC version though, you never know!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
With 15xxx numbered buses on order. does that mean a return to buying Scanias after last year's fall out by Stagecoach because of exhaust fixtures?
11 buses seem to have X2 written all over it as the PVR has increased since the original 9 15466-15473 entered service.
(10/03/2017 21:40)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Or could be the 68 to compete with Blackpool's 11 as some of their new order is going to be used on there - time will tell.

My guess is that the Scanias will be for the X2 as the current allocation has been well hammered and in need of complete refurb and overhaul. Also, I thought that Scanias were mainly used on routes that required a high top end on express services rather than locals.
(11/03/2017 08:49)Barney Wrote:  My guess is that the Scanias will be for the X2 as the current allocation has been well hammered and in need of complete refurb and overhaul. Also, I thought that Scanias were mainly used on routes that required a high top end on express services rather than locals.
As I say, it was just a thought given the fact that the competing service (Blackpool Transport 11 Blackpool - Lytham) will shortly have high spec Enviro 400 City's on rhere.
(11/03/2017 09:08)St Helens Rider Wrote:  As I say, it was just a thought given the fact that the competing service (Blackpool Transport 11 Blackpool - Lytham) will shortly have high spec Enviro 400 City's on rhere.

You may well be correct in your thinking, but I think the days of going head-to-head with another big player have gone for now. Instead, the main objective these days is to grow the services they already have. It may well be that, if these Scanias are intended for the X2, they could be to Gold standard or does the fleet numbering preclude this?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)