Current time: 04/05/2024, 09:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
With the exception of the below routes, Northern have suspended all services until the end of the day:
Bishop Auckland - Saltburn
Carlisle - Newcastle
Newcastle - Nunthorpe via Durham Coast
Newcastle - Morpeth

They are blaming heavy rain for the cancellations, rather than the wind. Although, other operators are operating services on some lines where Northern are saying they can't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/02/2020 15:01)knutstransport Wrote:  With the exception of the below routes, Northern have suspended all services until the end of the day:
Bishop Auckland - Saltburn
Carlisle - Newcastle
Newcastle - Nunthorpe via Durham Coast
Newcastle - Morpeth

They are blaming heavy rain for the cancellations, rather than the wind. Although, other operators are operating services on some lines where Northern are saying they can't.

They havent suspended all services, they're advising you not to travel except on the lines mentioned.
Theres still (subject to delays) services operating into/out of Liverpool Lime Street.
(09/02/2020 16:14)ls1911 Wrote:  They havent suspended all services, they're advising you not to travel except on the lines mentioned.
Theres still (subject to delays) services operating into/out of Liverpool Lime Street.

Around 3 hours ago they had cancelled all services out of Lime St and Piccadilly with their Journey Check site saying services were unlikely to resume today but there would be an update in around 60 minutes. Services until around 18:00 had also been marked as cancelled in the NRE app but some have since been reinstated.

There's a photo of the departure board at Piccadilly on Twitter from earlier showing a limited TPE, XC and Avanti service, with all Northern services cancelled, even on routes where other operators (passenger and freight) were running, such as Liverpool via Chat Moss.

Maybe they had too many crews and units out of position for their planning team to be able to cope with continuing to run a service?
Seems Northern are trying to restart services as a Train has left Preston for Liverpool

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A cture has appeared on flickr of 769442 at Burscough Bridge on a training run between Wigan and Southport.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(14/02/2020 10:17)childwallblues Wrote:  A cture has appeared on flickr of 769442 at Burscough Bridge on a training run between Wigan and Southport.

I seen this one day last week running through wigan north western and then later parked up in the new northern depot in wigan.
Most trains have had their "by arriva" below "northern" removed or painted over. It would be amusing if the wording "by arriva" were still on any trains by next Sunday!
(23/02/2020 07:48)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Most trains have had their "by arriva" below "northern" removed or painted over. It would be amusing if the wording "by arriva" were still on any trains by next Sunday!

The franchise spec required the franchise holder to develop a brand which would belong to the franchise, not to the franchise holder. The idea was prevent what happened when Abellio/Serco lost the franchise and had to remove or cover up all instances of the Northern logo as it had been registered as their intellectual property. (Although some passenger notices got missed when they did it and at some stations the white tape covering up the old logo has got removed by mischievous passengers.) Arriva deciding to put 'by Arriva' on the trains has meant they have branding to remove/cover anyway!

I've noticed there's at least one ex-LM 150 which has had the PRM work done and the seat covers and cushions changed but hasn't been repainted. Most of the 150s in a part refurbished station have been given the base colours for the new livery but have not had branding applied. Apparently it was always Arriva's intention to only put the new logo on trains which were brand new or had been refurbished, to try and prevent the new brand being associated with Pacers and 150s which hadn't had any proper internal work done to them for a very long time.
(23/02/2020 10:13)knutstransport Wrote:  The franchise spec required the franchise holder to develop a brand which would belong to the franchise, not to the franchise holder. The idea was prevent what happened when Abellio/Serco lost the franchise and had to remove or cover up all instances of the Northern logo as it had been registered as their intellectual property. (Although some passenger notices got missed when they did it and at some stations the white tape covering up the old logo has got removed by mischievous passengers.) Arriva deciding to put 'by Arriva' on the trains has meant they have branding to remove/cover anyway!

I've noticed there's at least one ex-LM 150 which has had the PRM work done and the seat covers and cushions changed but hasn't been repainted. Most of the 150s in a part refurbished station have been given the base colours for the new livery but have not had branding applied. Apparently it was always Arriva's intention to only put the new logo on trains which were brand new or had been refurbished, to try and prevent the new brand being associated with Pacers and 150s which hadn't had any proper internal work done to them for a very long time.

I saw that 150 at Victoria yesterday. I even see a handful of trains in the new livery without any logos but these are in the minority.
144011 is the latest to be confirmed as going into preservation with it’s destination to be the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)