Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The JOYS of moving house!
The JOYS of moving house!
WOW! What a year (and a bit) it's been for me and Mrs. Crosville... In November 2015 we sold our house in Walton and moved to a "retirement apartment" in leafy Southport. As soon as we moved in the MRS. decided she didn't like it...
At first I thought she was just doing an impression of that guy in the wheelchair in Little Britain, but NO, she didn't like to be surrounded by "old people" and it was too far to travel to work in Liverpool!
I reminded her that we had considered all eventualities before we committed to the relocation, and these two points were always on the cards. Anyway I tried to change her mind... Put in a nice new bathroom and pointed out how conveniently situated we were for shops, pier, parks, pubs etc. She even got a job at a store on Lord Street but only stuck it for one week before returning to her previous employment in a Childwall school.
So we put the flat up for sale and sold it in November 2016. We've been staying in a rented semi in L14 since then but had an offer accepted on a vacant house in mid-January. The vendor was desperate for a sale and we were very keen to move in ASAP. Seemed all set up for a nice quick move! NO CHANCE due to solicitors and estate agents twiddling their thumbs and scratching their bums!
Every time I ring them I sound like a cross between Victor Meldrew and Gordon Ramsay. We've had two dates set for contract exchange, both acceptable to all parties, but neither has materialised due to lack of communication/urgency by the "professionals"!
Still hoping to move any day now, especially as our rented house has now been sold and we may need to move in with my son and his partner. Can't wait to get into new house and RELAX for the first time since November 2015 lol.
Anyone else been messed about when moving home?? Hammer

“Never run after a bus or a woman. There will always be another one.”

“A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: The JOYS of moving house!
My wife and I moved house again in January this year. We moved from Woolton to Anfield and I was very excited about being in close proximity to my beloved team's stadium in the run up to our historic first champions trophy in thirty years. Who knew how quickly everything would change in such a short time? Now I'm past caring about football and I just want my family and friends to survive until we can see one another again...

“Never run after a bus or a woman. There will always be another one.”

“A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)