Current time: 19/04/2024, 07:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Best and worse seats
Best and worse seats
Which seats do you find the best and worse seats in terms of comfort, built quality and legroom.

Mine would be Stagecoach Gold seats for best (Not sure what they are actually called)

Civic V3 (Iroing board) seats i think they are called are the worse
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Best and worse seats
Worst are the urban seats, no cushioning at all. Just a hard plastic shell!

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
I like the seats on the new Gemini3 hybrids and also the Stagecoach Gold Enviro300s at Rock Ferry. I personally found Urban 90s were alright for short distance trips but for long distance (ie on an end to end journey on the 68) they weren't that great

I'm not really sure I could choose the worst seats I've sat on to be honest
Chapman drivers seat, best one on the bus! lol

Without bias (as I did think this before working for Stagecoach) that the Lazzerini Practico ones they use are good - I remember when Arriva got its ALX200 Darts with them and thinking they were nice and comfortable compared to many other bus seats - held my back in a bit more than some did.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Best: Coach seating on Stagecoach Gold-Arriva Sapphire deckers are body hugging
Worst: Urban 90 was like cardboard that you couldn't put a groove in, rear bench seats on pulsars cadets and commanders I'm not keen on either
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I've just thought of my least favourite seats. They're the standard Mercedes-Benz seats (like those on the current and previous generation Sprinters) - not very comfortable at all in my opinion
Although very really seen in the North West, I've always been a fan of the Fainsa Cosmic, a right mix between firm and comfortable. The stray cats of Speke seemed to like the ones on DAF 1799 too!
Best: Esteban Civic as a solid, all-round and comfortable seat. Lazzerini Transito (the type on the Stagecoach X2 Scanias) are also excellent.

Worst: Without a doubt the moulded plastic rubbish fitted to the old Liverbus Olympians (I think they are Fainsa Arianne). Those seats were truly dreadful. Urban 90s would be a close second as even with the padded seat covers they are terribly uncomfortable.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)