Current time: 02/05/2024, 18:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
(13/03/2016 19:36)Mayneway Wrote:  http://anthonymckeown.info/2016/03/394-s...at-a-cost/

Above is the link to the councillors blog James. As you can see from the date on the blog he announced on the 9th March that the 394 had been saved and would be run by High Peak, I posted the following morning, 10th March, yet you suggest it was still out for tender?? Perhaps you can explain why the Councilor involved in saving this vital service would suggest it had been saved and would continue to operate with High Peak when in your opinion it was still 'out to tender'?

simple hes a councillor. (and like most councillors prob dodgy lol) he has insider knowledge or is doing what he does best lying when it not set in stone. the tenders that dcc released were all due in on 11/3/16 which inc 394
so i can only go off what i see, same as you can only say what you see (on the councillors blog)
p.s im sure he did a campaign for gamesley few year ago that had similar surrounding around axing a bus service around when speedwell went bump (not 100pc but i think when stotts took over 341 and he said to people that stagecoach were running it full time when they only took on sundays)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/03/2016 09:58)james Wrote:  simple hes a councillor. (and like most councillors prob dodgy lol) he has insider knowledge or is doing what he does best lying when it not set in stone. the tenders that dcc released were all due in on 11/3/16 which inc 394
so i can only go off what i see, same as you can only say what you see (on the councillors blog)
p.s im sure he did a campaign for gamesley few year ago that had similar surrounding around axing a bus service around when speedwell went bump (not 100pc but i think when stotts took over 341 and he said to people that stagecoach were running it full time when they only took on sundays)

I think the moderators should really consider removing part or all of your last post. You certainly have no grounds to call a councillor dodgy and a lier. He's a decent guy who seems generally interested in the welfare of the people he represents.

As for Speedwell ceasing trading - you use the term bump when they simply closed down. No administrators were called in and the owner didn't go bancrupt he simply decided enough was enough and closed the company so please be clear on your terminology, but I seem to remember on the same Speedwell Facebook page, infact on the same post, you suggested the 343 and 395/6 would be run by Stotts when in actual fact the 343 was operated initially by Stagecoach and the 395/396 had already gone to Bluebird some weeks prior.
(14/03/2016 11:37)Mayneway Wrote:  I think the moderators should really consider removing part or all of your last post. You certainly have no grounds to call a councillor dodgy and a lier. He's a decent guy who seems generally interested in the welfare of the people he represents.

As for Speedwell ceasing trading - you use the term bump when they simply closed down. No administrators were called in and the owner didn't go bancrupt he simply decided enough was enough and closed the company so please be clear on your terminology, but I seem to remember on the same Speedwell Facebook page, infact on the same post, you suggested the 343 and 395/6 would be run by Stotts when in actual fact the 343 was operated initially by Stagecoach and the 395/396 had already gone to Bluebird some weeks prior.
do you know what i wont bother in future im trying to be helpful on this thread and only put online the facts and clearly state if this is confirmed.
my last post may have been a bit tongue in cheek so this will be my last post as my posts clearly arent appreciated on here anymore
also speedwell didnt pay there drivers the last week wages and shut up over night. so what does that mean in your terminology
(14/03/2016 14:19)james Wrote:  do you know what i wont bother in future im trying to be helpful on this thread and only put online the facts and clearly state if this is confirmed.
my last post may have been a bit tongue in cheek so this will be my last post as my posts clearly arent appreciated on here anymore
also speedwell didnt pay there drivers the last week wages and shut up over night. so what does that mean in your terminology

I'm not having a go but you brought nothing usefull to the thread you simply attempted to suggest the information I posted wasn't credited and was presumably made up when in actual fact it had confirmed 24 hours earlier by the Councilor who is dealing with the bus company and DCC.

You then go on to call the councillor dodgy and a lier simply because when another bus optator ceased trading he suggested one company were running a service when actually another was - hardly grounds to accuse someone of being 'dodgy'.

As for speedwell alledgedly not paying drivers, surely that's a matter between the owner Jack and his former employees but as Speedwell was a limited company there's nothing stoping the directors simply shutting up and ceasing trading - plenty of bus companies have done it, but it's very different to a company going bust.
(14/03/2016 14:19)james Wrote:  so this will be my last post as my posts clearly arent appreciated on here anymore

If I had a quid for every time someone said this.... and a month later they were back on various different forums. If you can't have an argument/debate/whatever on an internet forum without storming off than I would re-evaluate the way you see things.

Normally I distance myself from this kind of thing but stop being so damn childish.
(14/03/2016 14:19)james Wrote:  do you know what i wont bother in future im trying to be helpful on this thread and only put online the facts and clearly state if this is confirmed.

Just to let you know, only 1 person was having a go at you, and others on this forum do appreciate your posts Smile
I really do appreciate the information given out for Greater Manchester as it is an area that is rich in bus news , it is a case that budgets are being finalised so late (Fiscal tightening)this year that services are being confirmed so late in the day.
(14/03/2016 19:40)wirralbus Wrote:  I really do appreciate the information given out for Greater Manchester as it is an area that is rich in bus news , it is a case that budgets are being finalised so late (Fiscal tightening)this year that services are being confirmed so late in the day.

I agree. Sometimes enthusiasts are subject to the rumour mill, but i'd rather hear rumour than no news at all. I dont want to involve myself too much with the debate, but both ppl were right in their own way here. High peak were indeed awarded the new tender as Mayneway said, earlier than the 11th (i think the 7/8th was the date). However high peak hadn't (and perhaps still haven't - i've not checked today) confirmed the contract, which was james point, so technically it was not 100%. And as always, someone could have come in and offered a commercial service at the 11th hour(as high peak did last time).
(14/03/2016 16:37)Valandil Wrote:  Just to let you know, only 1 person was having a go at you, and others on this forum do appreciate your posts Smile

Just to clarify - I wasn't having a go!
If someone's going to pick at my posts and suggest the information I've posted isn't accurate then of course I'm going to reply and give my bit. I'm sorry but some of his comments read as slightly childish and petty to me, but its a forum and everyone has a view and an opinion and if we all agreed all of the time then it would be a pretty boring place.

Joe has summed it up perfectly, its a forum, a place for debate and sometimes it gets lively, if someone wants to take things personally and leave its their choice.
Apparently the new arrangements for the 394 have all been signed off and agreed by Centrebus/TFGM/DCC however the decision has been made to continue to operate the Saturday service hourly for another month so it wil continue to operate on Saturdays throughout April - I'm wondering if this is down to VOSA registrations etc.

http://antmck.uk/cm

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)