Current time: 26/04/2024, 19:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
the ex maytree tenders are 13 weeks long, any other tenders due up soon?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
am lead to understand that companys will find out today what tenders they have won/lost (ex maytree work) i still hope arriva has held the 714 and 715 but we soon see lol

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Is there a website which tells you what tenders are coming up for bids? Because this would be brilliant information Smile
Find all posts by this user
(22/07/2013 20:26)jimbo Wrote:  Is there a website which tells you what tenders are coming up for bids? Because this would be brilliant information Smile

I don't know about tenders coming up but TfGM does have a list of tenders have been awarded every month.

http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/Pages/Corp...nders.aspx
Apparently Oldham midibus routes are up for tender atm, this includes;
402, 406, 410, 411, 418, 407, 403, 404

Who knows this may mean a change to the monopoly First currently have there
Stotts, jpt, stagecoach, mct, checkmate all could take contracts away from them.
(07/08/2013 16:56)jimbo Wrote:  Apparently Oldham midibus routes are up for tender atm, this includes;
402, 406, 410, 411, 418, 407, 403, 404

Who knows this may mean a change to the monopoly First currently have there
Stotts, jpt, stagecoach, mct, checkmate all could take contracts away from them.

I very much doubt it.
Once First or Stagecoach gain tenders they group them together and put in one tender to operate them all, this grouping of tenders tends to put off smaller operators as they don't have the facilities to operate a group of services.

I would be very surprised if Stott's lost the 407 though.
Id personally be upset if checkmate or stotts lost contracts, I dont like monopolies, as for first, ive heard MCT have bid for a few if not all, and unlike first they will run tbem on hybrids which tfgm want, first dont use hybrids as it would mean training their mechanics how to fix them
(07/08/2013 22:18)jimbo Wrote:  Id personally be upset if checkmate or stotts lost contracts, I dont like monopolies, as for first, ive heard MCT have bid for a few if not all, and unlike first they will run tbem on hybrids which tfgm want, first dont use hybrids as it would mean training their mechanics how to fix them
Unfortunately TFGM cannot give a tender to a smaller company because they are using an environmentally friendly vehicle. It's simply down to the best price.
It would be interesting if Stagecoach go for these Oldham tenders, after the 183 gain it's clearly an area they are interested in operating in.
Yeah this is true about stagecoach, but as for hybrids, tfgm do prefer them and some routes like the 159 are specified green routes
First do actually use and have Hybrids for tendered work, look at the ones that Dukinfield and Bolton have got although apparently from what I've been told these are not actually owned by First but by TfGM and if anything goes wrong with them they are sent to a central location somewhere to be fixed

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)