Current time: 16/04/2024, 22:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
(08/06/2012 09:42)SF07 Wrote:  If it is 6 trips during the day on Sundays, that would mean running between 10am and 3pm, which would be a little odd. Or perhaps something like 12pm-5pm with Maytree running the first two Sunday journeys and the evening service.

Speaking as someone who uses the 510 every day of the week, if it's true, it's coming across as the most stupid hair brain scheme ever.:P

Firstly for over 10 years the first 510 from Bury on Sundays is 10.50, and they have always been like that, I cannot see that changing. Espically when in April three trips were actually cut from the timetable, due to tfgm withdrawing funding due to low use. All in All this is a stupid idea, Arriva worked well, nice big modern buses, because as I said its a busy route. I dread to think what it would be like with maytree operating.SmileSmileSmileSmile
Quote this message in a reply
Do Maytree still have the ALX400 that they sometimes used on the 512? Could be possible that their only double decker could be used on the 510.
Find all posts by this user
Maytree Travel registrations have appeared on VOSA today (see here) with 510, 519 and 538 appearing. By the looks of it, Maytree will run the Mon-Sat evening services on 510 and 519 and the evening and Sunday service on the 538/539 circular services.
(08/06/2012 12:12)SF07 Wrote:  Do Maytree still have the ALX400 that they sometimes used on the 512? Could be possible that their only double decker could be used on the 510.

Yes they do, it's used on the 572 and 571 sometimes

(08/06/2012 15:04)SF07 Wrote:  Maytree Travel registrations have appeared on VOSA today (see here) with 510, 519 and 538 appearing. By the looks of it, Maytree will run the Mon-Sat evening services on 510 and 519 and the evening and Sunday service on the 538/539 circular services.

It's disappointing but at least that makes a bit more sense
Maytree have long Enviro200s and a Versa that could be used on the 510 if it was necessary.

Going back to the point about the Sunday service being split, TfGM has done quite a bit of this lately, with tenders only covering part of the service. Look at the 109 and 370/371 for instance. Fair enough if the Sunday tenders have been split into daytime and evening, but not parts of days or parts of evenings. It can cause too much confusion and is potentially off-putting, and unnecessarily expensive - would you want to leave at 8pm to go to the pub for a swift pint then come back at 10pm and have to buy another ticket because the operator is different?
The 370 is a great example of split registrations as there's 4 main operators on the route

*Stagecoach: Monday-Saturday daytime
*Finglands: Saturday morning tendered journeys
*Arriva: Monday-Saturday evenings
*JPT: Sundays

Also could put Go Goodwins in there with a schoolday journey to Altrincham.

Certainly does encourage you to buy the System One range of tickets if you live on a route with multiple operators.
(08/06/2012 17:39)Nicholas Wrote:  Maytree have long Enviro200s and a Versa that could be used on the 510 if it was necessary.

Going back to the point about the Sunday service being split, TfGM has done quite a bit of this lately, with tenders only covering part of the service. Look at the 109 and 370/371 for instance. Fair enough if the Sunday tenders have been split into daytime and evening, but not parts of days or parts of evenings. It can cause too much confusion and is potentially off-putting, and unnecessarily expensive - would you want to leave at 8pm to go to the pub for a swift pint then come back at 10pm and have to buy another ticket because the operator is different?

That's true, but I still reckon, there will be capacity probs, not so much in the evening, but Sunday I. Busy one on he 510, still sure it will be fine, just a shame about Arriva, because they are a very reliable bus company with lovely drivers.Shame the same can't be said for maytree:P
(08/06/2012 20:34)SF07 Wrote:  The 370 is a great example of split registrations as there's 4 main operators on the route
Which is exactly what I'm referring to - there are also some afternoon journeys run by Finglands. The schoolday journey doesn't count though! lol
(09/06/2012 08:59)Nicholas Wrote:  
(08/06/2012 20:34)SF07 Wrote:  The 370 is a great example of split registrations as there's 4 main operators on the route
Which is exactly what I'm referring to - there are also some afternoon journeys run by Finglands. The schoolday journey doesn't count though! lol

Thought I'd include Goodwins as it's listed in the TfGM timetable.

584 is another route with 4 operators: Jim Stones, Maytree, First and SLT.
Again, the 584 is split between daytimes and evenings (only some M-S daytime journeys are tendered) with the sole exception of a morning 584 run by SLT - however that is classed as a school service, although logically that should run during school holidays due to the big gap it otherwise leaves.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)