Current time: 07/05/2024, 20:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus Network Review
RE: Wirral Bus Network Review
(05/04/2017 22:23)busdude Wrote:  Now that the first consultation has ended hopefully the proposed changes will be up soon, anyone got any predictions on what's changing? I wonder if Arriva will take over the current evening 411 & 492/495 from Avon Buses.

Other services that could be withdrwan on the wirral Are
129 Frankby Cemetery - Liscard
145/146 Eastham Ferry - Birkenhead
174 Heswall Circular
175 Heswall - Greasby/irby Circular
181 Heswall - Arrowe Park
293 West Kirby - Woodside
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/04/2017 23:01)Jw88 Wrote:  Other services that could be withdrwan on the wirral Are
129 Frankby Cemetery - Liscard
145/146 Eastham Ferry - Birkenhead
174 Heswall Circular
175 Heswall - Greasby/irby Circular
181 Heswall - Arrowe Park
293 West Kirby - Woodside

What a load of rubbish, if they withdrew most of them that would leave a lot of places without a Bus service...

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/04/2017 23:08)T42 PVM Wrote:  What a load of rubbish, if they withdrew most of them that would leave a lot of places without a Bus service...

I know I really want all of them to stay

It will be caous in West Kirby if the 293 is withdrawn as then West Kirby, Newton, Frankby And Greasby won't have a Sunday or evening service To Arrowe Park Hospital
To be honest the 145 , could easily be replaced by a more frequent 146 , also why can this service not operate on a Saturday instead of the useless 286
If the 175 and 181 are withdrawn there will be no buses in Kylemore drive or fishers lane in Pensby and Barnston won't have a bus also if the 181 is withdrawn
The problem with the Barnston Road is that the 77 does the Heswall end and the 181 does the Thingwall Corner end of the Barnston Road.

The interesting part of the conundurum is getting a service between Heswall and Clatterbridge Hospital
(06/04/2017 13:31)wirralbus Wrote:  The problem with the Barnston Road is that the 77 does the Heswall end and the 181 does the Thingwall Corner end of the Barnston Road.

The interesting part of the conundurum is getting a service between Heswall and Clatterbridge Hospital

If the 181 is withdrawn there won't be a bus to serve Murryfiled Hospital in Barnston Road
I wonder if the 174 And 175 are withdrawn Avon Buses might bring the 22, 77 And The New 88 back down to Lower Heswall
Cant see the 22 going down into the Lower Village it already twists and turns enough en-route from Moreton to Chester , it is become more of a slalom course every time Avon change the route .

I know its becoming a bad habit of Avon to keep tinkering with routes .
(06/04/2017 14:26)wirralbus Wrote:  Cant see the 22 going down into the Lower Village it already twists and turns enough en-route from Moreton to Chester , it is become more of a slalom course every time Avon change the route .

I know its becoming a bad habit of Avon to keep tinkering with routes .

The 22 did go down to the lower village in 2013 and 2014 And was busy

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)