Current time: 02/05/2024, 01:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Arriva Logo
RE: New Arriva Logo
(21/02/2017 09:59)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Personally I find the logo although different, quite smart. Arriva have used their current logo and their 'turquoise' brand colour since the late 1990's, change seems right after 20 years. The use of links suggests interconnectivity. and the diagonal link suggesting a faster alternative from A (route) to B (route)

With regards to font, 2017 is leading to changes in many companies such as Tesco and ASDA who are now opting to use a more simplified and friendlier font on all of their instore POS. Next is another example of a company that moved very early into the lowercase rounded font revolution that is occurring for brands across the globe. Rounded fonts are much more fashionable and perceived as less aggressive and more approachable.

In regards to livery, I'm picturing something like the Hinkley Bus/Arriva Midlands Enviro 200 (White base, Blue skirt) such as YY15NJU #2000. I'd imagine 100% that white will be incorporated into the livery, especially given the new northern livery, and light blue is quite a hard colour to compliment when not on a white or royal blue background such as the MAX livery.

The new liviries (there's more than one) look nothing like Hinkley Bus and far from what it is now, there are five new liveries, Sapphire and MAX will also be scrapped just to put that out there too.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The new font looks ok it's the logo itself looks more like a random pile of rings than resembling an 'A'.
(21/02/2017 10:19)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  The new liviries (there's more than one) look nothing like Hinkley Bus and far from what it is now, there are five new liveries, Sapphire and MAX will also be scrapped just to put that out there too.

Most bus operators shy away from predominantly white livery and opt for darker colours for a very good reason: they don't show up the dirt as much.
It looks alright I suppose but it seems a bit odd to be changing things when there's still buses going around in the original turquoise and cream livery

(21/02/2017 09:59)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  I'd imagine 100% that white will be incorporated into the livery, especially given the new northern livery, and light blue is quite a hard colour to compliment when not on a white or royal blue background such as the MAX livery.

The predominantly white livery isn't out of choice. The reason why is because it makes it easier for the next franchise operator to change the livery on each unit by simply changing the vinyls which are applied to the base white livery. Changing vinyls will be considerably cheaper and less time consuming than repainting every single unit in the fleet
(21/02/2017 17:52)Y474 KNF Wrote:  The predominantly white livery isn't out of choice. The reason why is because it makes it easier for the next franchise operator to change the livery on each unit by simply changing the vinyls which are applied to the base white livery. Changing vinyls will be considerably cheaper and less time consuming than repainting every single unit in the fleet
It's the reason for a white base, not a whole white livery. A vinyl livery can easily cover an entire vehicle and be replaced quickly. See TPE with the rate at which they're currently turning out 185s having removed the old vinyls and applied the new ones - they'll be white/grey base underneath.

Regardless, it's not applicable to the bus industry as vehicles get painted as opposed to vinyled anyway. I also have doubts as to whether there's any desire to have similar liveries between Northern and Arriva's bus operations - they don't want to encourage the CMA.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(21/02/2017 10:19)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  The new liviries (there's more than one) look nothing like Hinkley Bus and far from what it is now, there are five new liveries, Sapphire and MAX will also be scrapped just to put that out there too.

I was suggesting that one will be introduced alongside the new logo. Not the existing five.
The MAX livery should be arriva's standard livery, Would look so much better.
(22/02/2017 16:23)TheShire Wrote:  The MAX livery should be arriva's standard livery, Would look so much better.

MAX is also my favourite Arriva livery. I even prefer it to Sapphire or low-carbon part-green livery.
The aforementioned logo and fleet name will be the new corporate branding, as revealed in Route One. The livery will start to be introduced within the next couple of months and will be phased in gradually to keep costs down.

The logo, however, won't be introduced until next year. And of note will be a lack of DB strapline, further suggesting DB are open to selling Arriva.
(01/03/2017 21:32)Nicholas Wrote:  The aforementioned logo and fleet name will be the new corporate branding, as revealed in Route One. The livery will start to be introduced within the next couple of months and will be phased in gradually to keep costs down.

The logo, however, won't be introduced until next year. And of note will be a lack of DB strapline, further suggesting DB are open to selling Arriva.

That was the first thing that came to my mind to you know when i seen it was missing DB i thought that added more to the rumour of them selling up!

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)