Current time: 01/05/2024, 20:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North west and wales new bus and brands 2017
RE: Arriva North west and wales new bus and brands 2017
The 329 used to run through to Skelmersdale when North Western (a company who Arriva took over) ran it.

On a more general note, it is disappointing that the only Sapphire/MAX branded service in Merseyside is the X1. Investment being concentrated on new standard vehicles. Although at the other end of the age scale, they have let the likes of the Renowns and DAF single decker soldier on for too long. When compared for example with Transdev who have regularly refurbished their examples, most of the Arriva vehicles still have the original interiors - hardly something that would tempt motorists onto the buses although having said that, this is an area of low car ownership compared to other parts of the country.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/02/2017 00:31)TheShire Wrote:  Well i have came up with some suggestions of new routes around the north west, Here's a few just to give you a flavor.

Arriva Max X30/X31 - Warrington - Runcorn - Frodsham - Helsby - X30 to Chester/ X31 to Ellesmere Port via Elton and Cheshire Oaks, Hourly each routes with a combined Half Hourly service between Warrington - Helsby.

Arriva Max 350 (329) Warrington - Burtonwood - St Helens - Rainford - Skelmendale

Arriva X8 joint service with Stagecoach X8 to create 4 service per hour between Chester - Liverpool.

Arriva 34/34A, 47, 110, 410 upgrade to sapphire standards

Arriva 7, 89, 310, 360 upgrade to MAX standard.

I do have a lot more.

If the 329 (350) and 360 could interwork that would be great but timings will be extremely buoyant because of the traffic at rush hour in Warrington
34/34A as its a local route I don't think it would receive an upgrade but branding the buses that operate those local routes (30 somethings) may be possible
89 should defiantly receive an upgrade, not just double deckers

I'd add double deckers to the 352, but would the 395 work with double deckers?

Does anybody know what the actual difference is between MAX and Sapphire?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The 352 does not need Deckers, except. A couple of trips Pulsars are perfect, the 34/34A also don't need an upgrade, in fact am surprised that the 34 is still every 20 mins beyond Newton as it's hardly used

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/02/2017 12:52)RedPanda Wrote:  Does anybody know what the actual difference is between MAX and Sapphire?

I think Max doesnt have next stop screens, announcements or usb plugins. I basically think it is livery, no quibble and wifi. I could be wrong but I think that is it.
(04/02/2017 12:56)T42 PVM Wrote:  The 352 does not need Deckers, except. A couple of trips Pulsars are perfect, the 34/34A also don't need an upgrade, in fact am surprised that the 34 is still every 20 mins beyond Newton as it's hardly used

I know when I worked in Leigh, about every 6-12 months there would be a rumour about it being either reduced or withdrawn between Newton and Leigh. I am also amazed it has lasted so long but I feel more could be done with the route, perhaps an extension beyond Leigh to perhaps say Trafford Centre or Bolton but as these corridors are covered by other operators, the opportunities are limited. A far cry from the days when GM Buses ran it between Liverpool and Manchester with Express branded deckers.
(04/02/2017 12:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  I think Max doesnt have next stop screens, announcements or usb plugins. I basically think it is livery, no quibble and wifi. I could be wrong but I think that is it.

All new buses into merseyside will be fitted with e-leather seats,wi-fi and usb plugs as standard so no point of MAX in Merseyside.
What is Arriva's single decker of chose these days , after such a large pulsar order it seems a while since any single decker's where ordered.
(04/02/2017 16:55)Dentonian Wrote:  How do ANWs new Gemini 3s compare to the almost identical First Manchester "Vantages"? I ask, because I've just travelled on one of the latter back from Leigh to M'cr, and whist I know from a previous journey, the upper deck is reasonable, lower deck seating (barely 25 of them) is no better than a standard e-leather bus. In fact, the DP MMCs Stagecoach run on the 34/X34 are much better.

The ones on the ANW gemini 3 hybrids are basically just the same as the ANW 64/15 plate Enviro400 but with the added head rest.
(04/02/2017 16:55)Dentonian Wrote:  How do ANWs new Gemini 3s compare to the almost identical First Manchester "Vantages"? I ask, because I've just travelled on one of the latter back from Leigh to M'cr, and whist I know from a previous journey, the upper deck is reasonable, lower deck seating (barely 25 of them) is no better than a standard e-leather bus. In fact, the DP MMCs Stagecoach run on the 34/X34 are much better.

They're not bad but the low capacity downstairs is a disappointment. I think the Enviro400 hybrid would have been a better choice personally as I think it's a better much looking body design and there'd be more than 66 seats. Not a complaint however - just an observation. I'd rather have a 66 seat Volvo B5LHs than 44 seat VDL SB200s on the 14 and 18

I have to say like yourself I prefer Stagecoach's Enviro400s
(04/02/2017 00:31)TheShire Wrote:  Arriva Max X30/X31 - Warrington - Runcorn - Frodsham - Helsby - X30 to Chester/ X31 to Ellesmere Port via Elton and Cheshire Oaks, Hourly each routes with a combined Half Hourly service between Warrington - Helsby.

Arriva X8 joint service with Stagecoach X8 to create 4 service per hour between Chester - Liverpool.

(With the exception of the X30, local and Deeside services) Arriva reducing their Chester operations due to declining passenger numbers. They have no intention of operating a Chester-Wirral service again.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)