Current time: 01/05/2024, 14:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North west and wales new bus and brands 2017
RE: Arriva North west and wales new bus and brands 2017
(05/02/2017 14:56)Dentonian Wrote:  Apart from possibly the MMCs, these are all non standard types as regards Arriva (and most other large companies).

The Enviro400 MMC is Arriva's standard diesel powered double decker for its provincial divisions. The StreetLite is the standard single deck ("full size" and midi)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/02/2017 16:33)Dentonian Wrote:  Yes, but Metrocities & MCV bodies don't feature and AFAIK, no one in this country has Irizar i3 buses yet.

Reading buses has recently ordered some

https://cbwmagazine.com/reading-buses-pl...-i3-buses/
My personal thought for the streetlite is there horrible to drive as the steering is pretty heavy , the engine sounds horrible and not very comfortable on bumps so i hope no more streetlites get ordered for arriva's merseyside division.
(05/02/2017 16:45)motormayhem1 Wrote:  My personal thought for the streetlite is there horrible to drive as the steering is pretty heavy , the engine sounds horrible and not very comfortable on bumps so i hope no more streetlites get ordered for arriva's merseyside division.

I agree they sound horrible and they look horrible too. Rather have a Pulsar/Commander over one anyday.
(05/02/2017 16:51)MX12 KVM Wrote:  I agree they sound horrible and they look horrible too. Rather have a Pulsar/Commander over one anyday.

I don't mind the StreetLite but I prefer the Enviro200 MMC in terms of ride quality and on board noise
(04/02/2017 00:31)TheShire Wrote:  Well i have came up with some suggestions of new routes around the north west, Here's a few just to give you a flavor.

Arriva Max X30/X31 - Warrington - Runcorn - Frodsham - Helsby - X30 to Chester/ X31 to Ellesmere Port via Elton and Cheshire Oaks, Hourly each routes with a combined Half Hourly service between Warrington - Helsby.

Arriva Max 350 (329) Warrington - Burtonwood - St Helens - Rainford - Skelmendale

Arriva X8 joint service with Stagecoach X8 to create 4 service per hour between Chester - Liverpool.

Arriva 34/34A, 47, 110, 410 upgrade to sapphire standards

Arriva 7, 89, 310, 360 upgrade to MAX standard.

I do have a lot more.

There is very little demand for St. Helens / Skelmersdale services. There is little affinity / interaction between these two towns, and neither has enough attractions (shopping, etc.) to get high numbers of passengers from the other town. Strawberry tried (via a different route), but there were very few through passengers.

X8 - doubt that frequency increase is justified for most of the day. Even with the current rail service disruptions, some of the off-peak X8 journeys I have used had less than 10 passengers north of Ellesmere Port.

34/34A - As others have commented, loadings between Newton & Leigh are mostly very light. It would not surprise me to see that section reduced to one or two buses per hour.
(05/02/2017 16:51)MX12 KVM Wrote:  I agree they sound horrible and they look horrible too. Rather have a Pulsar/Commander over one anyday.

There are a lot of issues i have with the Whacklites.

The Euro 6 Daimler engines sounds like Ford Transit
Can't barely see out of the rear window and rather gloomy at the back
Lack of power
Clumsy gearbox
That weird buzz sound from the engine when it accelerate

Sells like hot cakes though
(05/02/2017 19:53)TheShire Wrote:  There are a lot of issues i have with the Whacklites.

The Euro 6 Daimler engines sounds like Ford Transit
Can't barely see out of the rear window and rather gloomy at the back
Lack of power
Clumsy gearbox
That weird buzz sound from the engine when it accelerate

Sells like hot cakes though

Not forgetting the inadequate heating and ventilating.
with regards route changes in wales this is my thoughts:

12 ( rhyl to llandudno) Jouneys extend to Conwy may need to change number half way due to the duration of service and withdraw routes 14/15

13 ( llandudno to prestatyn ) route changed to serve llysfaen and frequency from 40 mins to every 30 mins due to increase of passengers

51/X51 rhyl to wrexham - upgrade to a sapphire service

========

10A withdraw this service and all journeys to run as 10 Chester to Connahs Quay
X4 Frequency uped to every 30 mins. spare buses from 10A

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)