Current time: 04/05/2024, 15:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Solo Day Ticket starting 30th January
Solo Day Ticket starting 30th January
Taken from the Merseytravel website

Have you heard the good news? On 30th January, we are introducing a new one day Solo ticket. You can use it on any bus, any time, anywhere in Merseyside. Buy yours on the bus for just £4.70.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Solo Day Ticket starting 30th January
(22/01/2017 21:07)T42 PVM Wrote:  Taken from the Merseytravel website

Have you heard the good news? On 30th January, we are introducing a new one day Solo ticket. You can use it on any bus, any time, anywhere in Merseyside. Buy yours on the bus for just £4.70.

That is good news. I wonder how this might impact on Arriva and Stagecoach day ticket sales?

On a slightly related matter, I was at the Pier Head last week and overheard a couple of tourists discussing the price of a ferry ticket across the Mersey and had decided not to do it because of the cost (£10). I advised them to buy an All Zones Saveaway ticket (£5.20) from James Street station instead. They were astonished to learn that the same ticket gives them unlimited bus and train travel throughout Merseyside and to Chester and Ormskirk as well as the ferry service.
Find all posts by this user
Merseyside is slowly catching up with Greater Manchester which has had a multi operator ticket to purchase on bus for years in the form of System One. Maybe perhaps a Trio day ticket should be the next move possibly priced at a pound or two more than the Solo day ticket.
The Trio is basically the Saveaway ticket, I can't wait for the Solo as I will be using it instead of the Saveaway

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(23/01/2017 10:20)T42 PVM Wrote:  The Trio is basically the Saveaway ticket, I can't wait for the Solo as I will be using it instead of the Saveaway

The Saveaway is only off peak. Perhaps maybe an all day version could become available.
That's true, a 6 quid charge would be worth it

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)