Current time: 26/04/2024, 06:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Apparantly Gaw End(Macclesfield Outstation) is due to reopen on 1st November, allocation will be 7 vehicles 5 Mellor Stratas and 2 Solos with 19 staff with the ones returning being notified by phone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/10/2020 21:38)M60lad Wrote:  Apparantly Gaw End(Macclesfield Outstation) is due to reopen on 1st November, allocation will be 7 vehicles 5 Mellor Stratas and 2 Solos with 19 staff with the ones returning being notified by phone.

That effectively puts an end (unless any loans appear) of big bus operation on Macc locals. So just another week of the regular DAF Cadet on the 10 which crosslinks onto the evening 5.
Yep also heard the same regards macc depot reopening.

Interesting times ahead though as apparently some of the land near the depot has been sold for housing.

Few of macclesfield's drivers my driver mate told me have opted to stay working out of winsford now as they prefer the work rather than doing macc locals all the time & the bollington route.
How often do arriva update timetables?

When I complained to them about the macc local timetables being 2yrs out of date they e-mailed me PDF versions. But on those it says valid 1st november - 3rd of february.
(26/11/2020 14:28)33109 Wrote:  How often do arriva update timetables?

When I complained to them about the macc local timetables being 2yrs out of date they e-mailed me PDF versions. But on those it says valid 1st november - 3rd of february.

I'd guess they're still running Covid schedules, and are hoping to restore normal services on February 3rd.
Hiya, does anyone know if theres been recent news with Enviro400 4421 at all? It's been off the road for months now otherwise is it still parked up VOR in Wrexham awating for something?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/12/2020 21:48)efanmthomas Wrote:  Hiya, does anyone know if theres been recent news with Enviro400 4421 at all? It's been off the road for months now otherwise is it still parked up VOR in Wrexham awating for something?

No i dont sorry.
(30/12/2020 19:30)ScottDeclan224 Wrote:  No i dont sorry.

Ok no worries.
Any idea what is going on with 4173? Comes up as still "Taxed" with tax due in May and not SORN, but it has not seen service in many months and it's route list was removed from Bustimes a while ago.
Arriva have not reclaimed that Tax on it which is usual play for Arriva

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)