Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(14/09/2020 19:33)33109 Wrote:  Heard off a macc driver today that macclesfield depot isn't looking likely to reopen.

Apparently part of the gaw end lane site has been sold off for housing. So macc services will continue to be run from winsford from now on it seems.

Do you think they will start phasing out more services in Macclesfield?

D&G have been building a presence in Arriva's withdrawals so maybe they could look into setting a base nearby to that area (or somewhere closer to Manchester).

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/09/2020 16:31)dounowhoiam Wrote:  Do you think they will start phasing out more services in Macclesfield?

D&G have been building a presence in Arriva's withdrawals so maybe they could look into setting a base nearby to that area (or somewhere closer to Manchester).

Maybe arriva might possibly consider running macc depot down. After all it'd save them a good chunk of change not having to do all that dead mileage to & from winsford every day.

Whether or not D&G would be interested or not who knows, anything could happen!
Find all posts by this user
(16/09/2020 07:10)33109 Wrote:  Maybe arriva might possibly consider running macc depot down. After all it'd save them a good chunk of change not having to do all that dead mileage to & from winsford every day.

Whether or not D&G would be interested or not who knows, anything could happen!

I think High Peak (within the same group) would be the more likely to step in if Arriva do pull out.
With all the talk about D&G expanding operations in Macclesfield, it's worth pointing out they've given Cheshire East council notice that they are withdrawing the 130 service on 3rd October.
(16/09/2020 09:36)EDB325 Wrote:  I think High Peak (within the same group) would be the more likely to step in if Arriva do pull out.

Think that maybe a possibility aye.
(16/09/2020 09:46)knutstransport Wrote:  With all the talk about D&G expanding operations in Macclesfield, it's worth pointing out they've given Cheshire East council notice that they are withdrawing the 130 service on 3rd October.

Maybe it hasn't been quite as lucrative as they were hoping?

Pity the wythenshawe extension didn't attract that many punters as it would've been a handy link to have.
(16/09/2020 13:38)33109 Wrote:  Maybe it hasn't been quite as lucrative as they were hoping?

Pity the wythenshawe extension didn't attract that many punters as it would've been a handy link to have.

That is such a disappointment. As it was only Monday to Friday I could only take it when off work but even when I was on it I saw that some of the services did actually get good patronage Macc outbound in the morning and inbound in the afternoon (opposite the way I was going).

I guess the next time I head that way I'll be getting the 391/392 instead.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The 130 had been run into the ground by Arriva and the damage is obviously now irrepairable. Maybe if they had withdrawn it earlier when there was still a reasonable customer base then D&G may have been able to make it work. The current situation with few people traveling isn't the best time to be trying to build a route back up commercially.

Works for me
(16/09/2020 21:33)Rick Hunter Wrote:  The 130 had been run into the ground by Arriva and the damage is obviously now irrepairable. Maybe if they had withdrawn it earlier when there was still a reasonable customer base then D&G may have been able to make it work. The current situation with few people traveling isn't the best time to be trying to build a route back up commercially.

Agree fully with what you've said, it's been getting rundown more & more over the years. Also at current passenger numbers are bound to be pretty low still so anyone who runs the 130 will find it tough going.

My driver mate who used to do macc work & is now a winsford allocated driver says he was told it isn't looking likely that macc depot at gaw end lane will reopen. Few people have left again, high peak is where he knows a few drivers have gone.

Said drivers don't like being stuck on macc town work & 38s are now worked by winsford drivers. Drivers apparently want more variety & better pay/conditions is why a load have left.

Regarding 38s, it's now a fairly solid diet of enviro 400 deckers, 4422 being 1 of them. Pulsar 2251 also makes regular appearances if a decker has issues.
(17/09/2020 06:17)33109 Wrote:  Agree fully with what you've said, it's been getting rundown more & more over the years. Also at current passenger numbers are bound to be pretty low still so anyone who runs the 130 will find it tough going.

My driver mate who used to do macc work & is now a winsford allocated driver says he was told it isn't looking likely that macc depot at gaw end lane will reopen. Few people have left again, high peak is where he knows a few drivers have gone.

Said drivers don't like being stuck on macc town work & 38s are now worked by winsford drivers. Drivers apparently want more variety & better pay/conditions is why a load have left.

Regarding 38s, it's now a fairly solid diet of enviro 400 deckers, 4422 being 1 of them. Pulsar 2251 also makes regular appearances if a decker has issues.
Is D&G pay higher? I'm surprised that their conditions would be better though as D&G doesn't seem to present itself as the sort of operator with great conditions.

Could Arriva run down the network purely based on the fact they have too few drivers. If people keep leaving and they can't cover work, what else can they do but slowly rid some services?

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)