Current time: 01/05/2024, 20:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
(05/06/2012 15:04)ANW 2283 Wrote:  
(04/06/2012 16:07)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  When are Chester's Pulsars due for arrival?

Equally as import, what are they going to be working...?

Likely to be for the blacon QBP because the cadets are getting a bit old with them being 07 plates unless Chester depot have a different idea for them however I cannot see them being used on any other of there routes.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
How about the new X2 to Ellesmere Port which will start in July?
Find all posts by this user
what will be the pvr for that X2 anyway?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(05/06/2012 18:06)SNL 824 Wrote:  How about the new X2 to Ellesmere Port which will start in July?

I forgot about that, there are 6 Pulsars due for Chester if I remember correctly, 4 will probably be used on the Blacon QBP as I think Arriva only require 4 buses for that, therefore the other 2 Pulsars maybe used on the X2. However also the Cadets will become available for use on other routes and maybe they will be used on the X2. All depends on frequency and how many buses First and Arriva will use each.

Of course we will soon find out in just over a months time. Smile

(05/06/2012 18:16)bolton bus basher Wrote:  what will be the pvr for that X2 anyway?

Nobody knows yet, possibly every 20 minutes like the number 3 to Ellesmere Port and Rivacre is at the moment. Should soon find out though no doubt.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
I think the X2 is every 30 minutes as First have registered on VOSA as hourly, so I'm guessing Arriva are also running hourly in between.
X2 - 1 bus arriva and 1 bus first
As noted in the Birkenhead thread, a 'merry go buses' is seemingly on the cards, Id imagine upon arrival of Laird Streets new Hybrids early next year.
Enviros are destined for Speke, with the rest rumoured for Green Lane, however today more speculation has come about that GLs share will actually go to Rhyl for service 12, displacing DLAs and I'd imagine a few Darts as well. Wrexham are also apparently getting a share of the Enviros. This will also displace yet more DLAs which are rumoured to be for conversion to open top to replace Leyland Olympians on Rhyls open top service.
Personally I think its going to look a little like this

Birkenhead gets new Hybrids, displacing Enviros to:

Speke to consolidate their current double decker fleet, perhaps displacing any Palatines they still have there (Or any DLAs that may turn up there), and any Cadets that may still be there.

Rhyl which will displace any DLAs for possible open top conversion depending which ones will get converted, and possibly displacing V-DJC Darts to another North West or Wales depot, my guesses would be Bootle, St Helens, Wrexham or Chester.

Wrexham displacing DLAs.
I should stress that Enviros to Wrexham is merely a garage rumour for now but yes, the plan if it should happen would be that the DLAs would leave as would the remaining Pulsars which would potentially be destined for Merseyside.

There are actually other potential plans for Wrexham and the 1 but they're in even earlier stages and would mean that the DLAs and Pulsars stay there for a bit longer than if Enviros were to come. The DLAs are trying to be transferred out by management though due to their incredulous unreliability of late. One was out of service for weeks due to the handbrake being jammed on.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
It would make sense mate, Wrexham were due these newer deckers last year.
DLAs have to go somewhere as well as IMO, they are starting to reach the end of their usable life. I just hope if some do get converted to open top that they pick good fast ones like 4099.
(06/06/2012 19:31)K853 MTJ Wrote:  It would make sense mate, Wrexham were due these newer deckers last year.
DLAs have to go somewhere as well as IMO, they are starting to reach the end of their usable life. I just hope if some do get converted to open top that they pick good fast ones like 4099.

Yes I think they would make good Open Tops & may prove a little more reliable as used less.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)