Current time: 20/05/2024, 16:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
It will soon be case of what is the next vehicle on the horizon to replace the Pulsar2 as vehicle of choice .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/06/2013 18:57)wirralbus Wrote:  It will soon be case of what is the next vehicle on the horizon to replace the Pulsar2 as vehicle of choice .
Will it?

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10 new pulsar 2's are to arrive in Bangor in november to be put on 5 and x5 routes
Most of the cadets will be sent to Llandudno to dispose aging darts apart from 07 reg
All commanders & the odd pulsar will cover 4 and x4 route and spares on 62's
07 reg cadets will stay in bangor and operate on 62
(21/06/2013 18:55)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Many more pulsars at GL and avoiding one of the things will be almost impossible, with the exception of a few commanders that is all GL will have in about 2 years time. I don't even look at what pulsar I get now as I just don't care.

I've no objection to more Pulsars at GL or ANW more generally. For me Pulsar's are usually not too bad and better vehicles overall and capacity wise than Dart slf's/Enviro200's. However I do think GL has at least 2 arguably 5 routes that need deckers due to overcrowding and Arriva NW/Merseytravel ignoring complaints about this problem, claiming GL's routes and the areas they operate in have more vandalism than other parts of Merseyside (they don't seem that much different than Birkenhead and South Liverpool tbh), running clapped out dart's on routes which have 50-60 passengers on them overall not doing much recently to boost patronage or improve the routes/corridors in East Liverpool/Huyton/St Helens are all things piecemeal investment in Pulsars won't improve some of the issues the 12/13 and arguably the 10B, 15 and 18 have at the moment.

It's not all Arriva NW's fault and if Stagecoach still operated on the 12/13 and 18's they wouldn't need deckers but they don't and in my view they do.
(22/06/2013 21:16)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  
(21/06/2013 18:55)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Many more pulsars at GL and avoiding one of the things will be almost impossible, with the exception of a few commanders that is all GL will have in about 2 years time. I don't even look at what pulsar I get now as I just don't care.

I've no objection to more Pulsars at GL or ANW more generally. For me Pulsar's are usually not too bad and better vehicles overall and capacity wise than Dart slf's/Enviro200's. However I do think GL has at least 2 arguably 5 routes that need deckers due to overcrowding and Arriva NW/Merseytravel ignoring complaints about this problem, claiming GL's routes and the areas they operate in have more vandalism than other parts of Merseyside (they don't seem that much different than Birkenhead and South Liverpool tbh), running clapped out dart's on routes which have 50-60 passengers on them overall not doing much recently to boost patronage or improve the routes/corridors in East Liverpool/Huyton/St Helens are all things piecemeal investment in Pulsars won't improve some of the issues the 12/13 and arguably the 10B, 15 and 18 have at the moment.

It's not all Arriva NW's fault and if Stagecoach still operated on the 12/13 and 18's they wouldn't need deckers but they don't and in my view they do.
I'm not getting into the Decker argument as it is a subject that comes around now and again and the same things are said time and time again. I wouldn't argue that darts aee better than pulsars as they are clearly not. However, personally I am just sick of pulsars which in my opinion are not particularly well built and for ANW if pulsars continue to be the chosen bus well un a few years there will be no variety. Lets face it, the bus scene these days is pretty boring.
(22/06/2013 21:25)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I'm not getting into the Decker argument as it is a subject that comes around now and again and the same things are said time and time again. I wouldn't argue that darts aee better than pulsars as they are clearly not. However, personally I am just sick of pulsars which in my opinion are not particularly well built and for ANW if pulsars continue to be the chosen bus well un a few years there will be no variety. Lets face it, the bus scene these days is pretty boring.

The Volvo B7RLE may have been a good alternative for ANW/GL especially as Arriva The Shires had some of these for Luton recently. Also I don't know why ANW couldn't trade some Cadets for some of the Shires Solar's and Eclipses? They're full size and the same 2004-07 age range as the Cadets and when I've used them on some of The Shires routes passenger loads seem around 25-30 on average. These 12m's would be ideal for GL and Runcorn.
(21/06/2013 18:35)KU02 YUH Wrote:  
(21/06/2013 13:39)Garsty Wrote:  This article in the Daily Post has this quote:
Daily Post Wrote:Arriva Buses Wales will have invested more than £10m since 2009 when its next batch of new buses is delivered later in the year.
Does anyone know anymore about this if it’s true?
Green Lane are supposed to be due more Pulsar 2s later in the year.

Just been told on the Arriva North West Facebook page that Green Lane will be getting six more Pulsars in February or March next year Smile
(02/09/2013 14:56)FMN-503-T Wrote:  
(21/06/2013 18:35)KU02 YUH Wrote:  
(21/06/2013 13:39)Garsty Wrote:  This article in the Daily Post has this quote:
Does anyone know anymore about this if it’s true?
Green Lane are supposed to be due more Pulsar 2s later in the year.

Just been told on the Arriva North West Facebook page that Green Lane will be getting six more Pulsars in February or March next year Smile

They're due some for the 6/7.
Not sure if there is a thread for heysham, but anyone know if any of Bangor's new pulsars have arrived to get rid of commanders??
Anybody know if arriva winsford are due any deckers to replace the DLAs???

The rumour is we're due some ex arriva london VLWs/plaxton presidents, we deffo need to replace the DLAs as they're properly wrecked now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)