Current time: 04/05/2024, 08:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rail Replacement - Bike Bus
RE: Rail Replacement - Bike Bus
(07/12/2016 21:11)60008 Wrote:  while the mylleniums would make sense size wise for the bike bus they can't go through the Birkenhead tunnel which I guess the rail replacements will be using.

That's actually not true, they've been used on cross river services quite a few times. They're the same width as the Wright Solar/Eclipses used by First.

Myllenium width = 2525mm
Eclipse, Pulsar and Solar width = 2500mm
Gemini width = 2520 mm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The vehicle is not 8219 but Southport's training bus my namesake on here the former 6514, 8214.
I have been reliably informed it will be MOT'd to full PCV standard once the conversion has been completed for its' new venture.

I didn't post it on the earlier thread as a poster said there would be quite a surprise in store for the rail replacement but the cat is out of the bag now. Smile
(07/12/2016 22:48)B10B6514 Wrote:  The vehicle is not 8219 but Southport's training bus my namesake on here the former 6514, 8214.
I have been reliably informed it will be MOT'd to full PCV standard once the conversion has been completed for its' new venture.

I didn't post it on the earlier thread as a poster said there would be quite a surprise in store for the rail replacement but the cat is out of the bag now. Smile

Do you know if it's going to be retained for future use after the upcoming rail replacements?
Yes sorry it is 8214, Not sure how i have managed to get 8214 and 8219 mixed up!

Also with regards to Mylleniums, If any was worth reinstating i would of thought it would be for Service work to free up Buses to go to Wrexham to cover RJ's of Wem work

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It has been mooted for a good while that it is earmarked for preservation but I can't definitely confirm this.

If there is anyone from the bodyshop on here who could let us know what livery it will be in?
With Credit to Motor Mayhem its in the Arriva Interurban Livery

http://dartslf.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26&page=80

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ive a feeling if its well used and is an hit with cyclist passengers then it could stay.
The bike bus has been painted into the current fleet livery but its since gained a white front to distinguish it from Service buses
(07/12/2016 23:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  Yes sorry it is 8214, Not sure how i have managed to get 8214 and 8219 mixed up!

Also with regards to Mylleniums, If any was worth reinstating i would of thought it would be for Service work to free up Buses to go to Wrexham to cover RJ's of Wem work

The Millennium that was in Wrexham (2465) has been reported to be back in Birkenhead, as has 2473 from Chester to its home depot, so I can't see it happening to be honest, those two probably would have stayed if needed.
8214 was on the east lancs today heading east.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)