Current time: 05/05/2024, 11:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas period Transport 2016
RE: Christmas period Transport 2016
Unfortunately in the present climate with the Government squeezing the public coffers any bus service past the times that they currently run to on Boxing Day and New Year's Day is a pipe dream Obviously if Arriva and Stagecoach thought there was profit in running on these evenings they would do Maybe dare I say it one of them might make a bold decision to run a service one year to see how it goes but until that time comes Merseyside will see the current level of service it gets at the moment well into the next decade I think. Although having said that I hear the same comments being made every year about the Christmas period transport levels and i would say to everyone who comments on them that at least we here in Merseyside are lucky that we get free buses on Christmas Day and a limited service on Boxing Day many parts of the country get their last bus early Christmas Eve evening and in the case of this year nothing then until Wednesday and that will be the same at the weekend they will get their last bus early New Year's Eve evening and then nothing until Tuesday so be thankful for what we get because it only takes one bright spark to suggest otherwise and we would have no services over the Christmas period saving the operators and in some cases Merseytravel a nice wad of cash and we all know how the shareholders of the fat cats bus companies like nice balance sheets
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christmas period Transport 2016 - CKC 312L - 27/12/2016 16:32

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)