Current time: 05/05/2024, 21:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas period Transport 2016
RE: Christmas period Transport 2016
I do think that a lot of resources go into providing a service Boxing Day , New Years Day is slowly looking as the poor relation of the two .

This Year New Years Day falls on a Sunday so the service would be even more paltry than normal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Noticed an something when reading the Christmas/New Year leaflet, 118X New Brighton-Mill Park is running Christmas Day however the 118/119 New Brighton-Mill Park is not running on Boxing Day/New Years day, 118/119 normally run on those days.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
It's even more bizarre in St Helens. The 194/195 were withdrawn with the Network Review back in September but are running on Christmas Day. It proves that these were useful routes and probably shouldn't have been sacrificed for the rag tag of routes these areas now have. A strange side effect of this is that Burrows Lane will be served on Christmas Day but not the rest of the year.
The Christmas Day 194X/195X is slightly different from the old HTL one too, it doesn't serve Bishop Road or City Road according to the route description, it goes straight to/from Windle Island to St Helens direct, the route the 137/138 used to take.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(24/12/2016 23:07)buses7675 Wrote:  The Christmas Day 194X/195X is slightly different from the old HTL one too, it doesn't serve Bishop Road or City Road according to the route description, it goes straight to/from Windle Island to St Helens direct, the route the 137/138 used to take.
Quite understandable although it is strange that Rainford Road gets a service on Christmas Day but not on Sundays and as I mentioned, Burrows Lane between Gillars Green and The Wellington gets a one day a year service - just proves how useful the circulars were/are. Maybe the review should have worked around the circulars instead of putting bits and bobs together as part replacements.
I'll post some photos of the 194X and 195X tomorrow, should be a good day!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(24/12/2016 22:05)MTL0201 Wrote:  Noticed an something when reading the Christmas/New Year leaflet, 118X New Brighton-Mill Park is running Christmas Day however the 118/119 New Brighton-Mill Park is not running on Boxing Day/New Years day, 118/119 normally run on those days.

They haven't ran on Boxing Day or New Year's Day for as long as I remember, I live in that route and we've only ever had 216/217 run on them days until the 492/495 were introduced. There's been many times I've been stranded waiting for a 118/119 on them days

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I'll have a look when i get time to at that, as i'm sure 118/119 have operated in the past.

Here's something bizarre, 32 Clinkham Wood-Sutton Manor is a through service Northbound, but is split into 2 sections Southbound Clinkham Wood-St Helens Bus Station & St Helens Bus Station-Sutton Manor, & apart from the last Southbound journey, it has a 32 minute layover at Clinkham Wood.

(25/12/2016 06:50)MTL0201 Wrote:  I'll have a look when i get time to at that, as i'm sure 118/119 have operated in the past.

Here's something bizarre, 32 Clinkham Wood-Sutton Manor is a through service Northbound, but is split into 2 sections Southbound Clinkham Wood-St Helens Bus Station & St Helens Bus Station-Sutton Manor, & apart from the last Southbound journey, it has a 32 minute layover at Clinkham Wood.

It was the same last year but cant understand why it doesn't just do the full proper route instead of splitting it into 2 seperate parts.
(25/12/2016 09:01)motormayhem1 Wrote:  It was the same last year but cant understand why it doesn't just do the full proper route instead of splitting it into 2 seperate parts.

Especially as Northbound operates as a though route, & if they don't have passes, won't Southbound passengers have to pay again if travelling through the Town Centre, where as Northbound passengers pay once which is bonkers?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)