Current time: 23/04/2024, 12:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas period Transport 2016
RE: Christmas period Transport 2016
After the false alarm yesterday, here is this year's Christmas travel arrangements on Merseyside:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-up...ersion.pdf

Boxing Day is the usual reduced Sunday service mostly. Yet again the South Parkway and Maghull Circulars are the only late bus services on January 1st. I'm guessing after all these years, this is part of the contract. I think the upcoming Bus Network Reviews will probably see to that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The South parkway and Maghull Circulars are really the only real multi modal services , routes that had been made to meet the rail services at there respective railhead.

Im sure looking at some of the Wirral routes for Boxing Day and they do not seem to be as frequent this year as in previous years , is this as a result of merseyrail services taking some of the business that the buses previously had exclusively.
Assuming that GL will operate Bootle's routes again this year, I wonder if they will have enough spare deckers. IIRC, GL had not received all of its Enviro400's this time last year and Pulsars were used.
(30/11/2016 15:31)wirralbus Wrote:  The South parkway and Maghull Circulars are really the only real multi modal services , routes that had been made to meet the rail services at there respective railhead.

Problem is that other rail stations in the region aren't served at these times, so why are these two stations special cases? I mean in the case of South Parkway, the Circulars are running until well after the Airport service has finished.
(30/11/2016 20:30)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Problem is that other rail stations in the region aren't served at these times, so why are these two stations special cases? I mean in the case of South Parkway, the Circulars are running until well after the Airport service has finished.

Maghull has a population of over 20,000 and the station is some way from both the town centre and most of the residential areas. Also, Arriva does not operate any services over these specific days hence the need for these Merseytravel services. Formby has a population nearer to 25,000 and I suspect the F6 circular run by Cumfybus is also being subsidised this year.
Stagecoach's own details are available on their website at this page

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...vices#tab3

This shows more detail on the Christmas Day services than the Merseytravel page (although the timetables are listed 2015, the link to them is marked 2016 they are the same both years anyway), even the now withdrawn 194 and 195 are making a comeback for Christmas Day!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Changes to Boxing Day Services this year compared to last year

1 Liverpool - Chester
First Bus from Birkenhead - Chester this year is 06:51 witch is better than last years 07:21, Last Bus from Liverpool - Rock Ferry is 18:21 witch is better than last years 18:01, Also added this year is 2 short Trips from Eastham (Bridle Road) to Liverpool at 08:08 and 08:28, First Bus last year was the 08:41 from Ellesmere Port, that said trip is starting from Chester at 08:10 this year, Chesters first Bus last year was 08:40, There is also a later Bus from Chester - Rock Ferry at 19:00, Last year it was 08:30.

14/14A Liverpool - Widnes/Runcorn
Most trips are only running between Widnes and Liverpool this year, only trips to Runcorn is the 09:54, 16:54 and 17:24 from Liverpool and 10:25 and 16:25 from Runcorn, Last Bus from Liverpool - Widnes is 17:54, last year it was 18:09, First Bus off Runcorn to Liverpool is 10:25, last year it was 09:55, Last Bus off Widnes to Liverpool is 17:23, Last year it was 16:53, Overall theres some cuts there so i wonder if Halton did not make the money last Boxing Day that they was expecting

17 St Helens - Widnes
Apart from the Obvious renumbering from 17B to 17 the Service will start at 10:55 from St Helens and Widnes at 10:27 witch is about 2 and a half hours more early than last year!

61 Liverpool - Widnes
Last Bus from Liverpool is 18:16, Last year it was 17:16, Lat Bus off Widnes is 16:38, Last year it was 15:40

202/204 Dingle - Broad Green Hospital
Operating every half an hour instead of hourly this year, First Bus from Dingle is 10:13, Last year it was 10:43 Last one from Dingle is 17:28, last year it was 16:43, first one from Broad Green is 10:00, Last year it was 10:13, Last one from Broad Green is 17:35, Last year it was 18:13

PR1 Southport P&R
First Bus from the Park and ride is 10:00, Last year it was 07:30! I can understand it tho as Southport aint exactly a big shopping place

Any Services not mentioned are staying the same, Am not sure on the X2 as it was missed from last years booklet but according to this years booklet its only running between Liverpool and Southport but am sure it ran to Preston last year

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I wonder if the X2 is running from Gillmoss on Boxing Day with it only running as far as Southport.
One thing i forgot to mention is it seems the 17 in St Helens gets 58 mins layover, due in at 57 and out at 55!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/12/2016 22:38)T42 PVM Wrote:  One thing i forgot to mention is it seems the 17 in St Helens gets 58 mins layover, due in at 57 and out at 55!

This happens every Sunday daytime until the 30 starts in the evening. 58 minutes layover - surely something could be done with that vehicle in that time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)