Current time: 24/04/2024, 01:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas period Transport 2016
RE: Christmas period Transport 2016
Trains on new year's day also

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/12/2016 15:28)MTL0201 Wrote:  Big frustration is no bus services in the evening on Boxing Day/New Years Day when there used to be services, at least one bonus are trains on Boxing Day but only a few stations are open.

I do think that the public transport provision on a Boxing day will suffice for the time being , any evening service would almost certaintly have to come from the public coffers so i can not see that coming any time soon.

NewYears Day has always been a slow day public transport wise , the service provision always being a notch DOWN from the service provision provided on boxing day.
Find all posts by this user
On the plus side Trains do run on New Years day so its not as bad

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Unfortunately in the present climate with the Government squeezing the public coffers any bus service past the times that they currently run to on Boxing Day and New Year's Day is a pipe dream Obviously if Arriva and Stagecoach thought there was profit in running on these evenings they would do Maybe dare I say it one of them might make a bold decision to run a service one year to see how it goes but until that time comes Merseyside will see the current level of service it gets at the moment well into the next decade I think. Although having said that I hear the same comments being made every year about the Christmas period transport levels and i would say to everyone who comments on them that at least we here in Merseyside are lucky that we get free buses on Christmas Day and a limited service on Boxing Day many parts of the country get their last bus early Christmas Eve evening and in the case of this year nothing then until Wednesday and that will be the same at the weekend they will get their last bus early New Year's Eve evening and then nothing until Tuesday so be thankful for what we get because it only takes one bright spark to suggest otherwise and we would have no services over the Christmas period saving the operators and in some cases Merseytravel a nice wad of cash and we all know how the shareholders of the fat cats bus companies like nice balance sheets
Thats a fair point as i forget to consider that, Its ok for me as i live just 2 mins walk away from a Railway Station but not everyone is so lucky.

(27/12/2016 15:01)wirralbus Wrote:  I do think that the public transport provision on a Boxing day will suffice for the time being , any evening service would almost certaintly have to come from the public coffers so i can not see that coming any time soon.

NewYears Day has always been a slow day public transport wise , the service provision always being a notch DOWN from the service provision provided on boxing day.

I think that might be because fewer shops seem to open on New Years Day than on Boxing Day. The last time I went to Liverpool on a New Years Day, the city centre was very quiet.
Quick question regarding New Years Day....nothing planned so might get out with the camera for a couple of hours. Is there any unusual workings at all, I remember some of the Arriva routes in Liverpool used to see different depot's vehicles on NYD (GL operating on BT routes) , anything to look out for in particular?? ta in advance!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(31/12/2016 18:29)gka472l Wrote:  Quick question regarding New Years Day....nothing planned so might get out with the camera for a couple of hours. Is there any unusual workings at all, I remember some of the Arriva routes in Liverpool used to see different depot's vehicles on NYD (GL operating on BT routes) , anything to look out for in particular?? ta in advance!

There's a number of St Helens buses in Birkenhead including B10's. These are loans but the B10's will probably start getting withdrawn once the replacement bus service has finished.
Yes but they won't be out on New Years day..

(31/12/2016 19:24)RedPanda Wrote:  There's a number of St Helens buses in Birkenhead including B10's. These are loans but the B10's will probably start getting withdrawn once the replacement bus service has finished.

On days where there is a reduced depot PVR (such as Sundays or Bank Holidays) then it is extremely rare for a depot's oldest vehicles to be out in service. There will be a higher number of newer vehicles available at the depot if any vehicles need replacing during the day so I very much doubt that any Renowns or Myllenniums will be in service tomorrow

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)