Current time: 19/04/2024, 10:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

East Coast
RE: East Coast
Im not a fan of the what is termed as all over adverts on trains , its bad enough to have it on buses .

East coast have had two then recently starting with the 007 Skyfall and now this incarnation of overall advertising.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Is it not an advert for the new East Coast "fly on the wall" series, which began a 10 week run this evening on the Sky 1 channel, rather than an advert for Sky 1 itself?
Major disruption across the East Coast network due to the ongoing storm. Network rail say it should be back to normal by tommorow.

East Coast and Virgin Trains at one point today where allowing people to shelter from the weather onboard there trains , even though there services where not going to be going anywhere any time soon.

For the likes of the big inter city train companies the job is to ensure as much as possible that there sets are now in the correct places for the start of service tomorrow and where they arent they announce the planned cancellation as soon as possible .
The Stagecoach / Virgin joint venture Inter City Railways bid has been accepted to operate the new East Coast Franchise.

It has been announced that the title will be Virgin Trains East Coast , basically because the Virgin branding so well known , the franchise break down is Stagecoach 90% and Virgin 10% .
Despite the new equipment already on order, I suspect this reprivatisation isn't necessarily going to be good for East Coast travellers.
(27/11/2014 21:33)SNL 824 Wrote:  Despite the new equipment already on order, I suspect this reprivatisation isn't necessarily going to be good for East Coast travellers.
Seemingly the alternative could have been the all French SNCF bid from Keolis/Eurostar. At least the franchise is all British.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I'll give you that as a definite upside - I just have a problem as a passenger with the privatisation of the railways at least in the format of recent years.
(27/11/2014 22:34)SNL 824 Wrote:  I'll give you that as a definite upside - I just have a problem as a passenger with the privatisation of the railways at least in the format of recent years.
At least with privatisation since 1997 we have had massive investment in rolling sock and more recently infrastructure.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
The East Coast though has lagged behind the rest when it comes to investment in new rolling stock , there is going to be new investment during the course of this franchise with the inrtroduction of the IEP trains in due course.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)