Current time: 19/04/2024, 08:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mikro, Crewe
RE: Mikro, Crewe
IN wednesday's N&P applied for a new licence as a limited company, with a further increase from 18 to 20 discs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mikros have registered a replacement 78 service which will run to practically the same timings as the current D&G service, apart from arriving 1 minute later at Nantwich Bus Station.
Reported elsewhere the 78 service has restarted but there's no mention of it on the Cheshire East website
The timetable has been on the Mikro website throughout (or to be strictly accurate whenever I have looked at it).
Another application for an O-licence in the name of the limited company has appeared in N&P, with an increase to 23 vehicles. Companies House gives an address in Nantwich, which appears to be over a computer shop, and is also quoted for Beardsmore, Middlewich.
;
Google Earth shows, in what I believe is Beardsmore's yard at Middlewich station, a photo with a Metrobus liveried decker and a yellow one - are Mikro using it as well, or another operator?
;
Cheshire East website now confirms the 78 is running, with two diversions. one due to parked cars and the size of vehicle being used - presumably no longer a Solo to allow social distancing - and the other permanent due to Bentley Motors' territorial expansion closing Pym's Lane.
Cheshire East website saying the 78 service is being withdrawn this week.
Noticed from the bus registration thread that their 39 Crewe-Shavington-Nantwich service has been cancelled with a replacement 39 Crewe-Shavington-Crewe service being registered. Sounds like it'll just be like a shortened version of the 12 route now.
YX11GAA formerly with Manchester Community Transport was on the 39 today - not that I've seen the service since Mar 2020!
I wonder if the change to the 39 is a clerical error while transposing the registration to the limited company - going to Hough, but not Wybunbury with nearly twice the population seems a little odd.
(05/06/2021 10:20)mikestone Wrote:  I wonder if the change to the 39 is a clerical error while transposing the registration to the limited company - going to Hough, but not Wybunbury with nearly twice the population seems a little odd.

Traveline still shows journeys to Nantwich was a footnote that they are provided on behalf of Cheshire East council, so unless the council contract has been terminated they can't exactly change the route so it directly competes with another operator's route.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)