Current time: 26/04/2024, 00:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

M&M, Accrington
RE: M&M, Accrington
(23/09/2016 19:56)Nicholas Wrote:  Getting a license doesn't cost that much. What is more important is how much money there is in the bank... and there has to be a minimum amount per bus.

Financial standing and reputation - forgot that lol Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like its not as clear as M&M have said. On the service changes page of the traffic commissioners site, it says "decisions taken at public enquiry" "public inquiry (51834).
"PSV-S17 licence revoked with effect from 27th September 2016".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Transdev have started running ex-M&M Coaches service 46 from today (27 September).

http://www.lancashirebus.co.uk/times?routeID=380
http://www.lancashirebus.co.uk/cmsUpload...016WEB.pdf
(27/09/2016 19:42)SF07 Wrote:  Transdev have started running ex-M&M Coaches service 46 from today (27 September).

http://www.lancashirebus.co.uk/times?routeID=380
http://www.lancashirebus.co.uk/cmsUpload...016WEB.pdf

I believe Pilkingtons have picked up a lot of the former M&M work as well. They have a very chequered past but they seem to be doing quite well at the moment acquiring thier first brand new bus - a Solo SR.
Does anybody know if any of their fleet have moved on to a bus sales like stafford or if the mercs have been scrapped?
I do hope that the former bosses set up a new company like a minibus hire that would see Bob Tuffnel's reliable (older buses) on the roads, just need to buy it from M&M if they haven't already seen the back of a tow truck
Why would anyone want the bosses of M&M Travel to set up any sort of company when they have had their licence revoked? Some of your comments are beyond stupid..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(27/09/2016 22:06)T42 PVM Wrote:  Why would anyone want the bosses of M&M Travel to set up any sort of company when they have had their licence revoked? Some of your comments are beyond stupid..

I'm just saying me personally I'd like to see them start perhaps a minibus company, I don't know if that would be possible under a different license
Perhaps some of my comments are stupid but we're all individuals and think differently
To be fair perhaps RedPanda dosen't understand the logistics of running a bus/coach/minibus company.

On the face of it a company may look decent but obviously a lot goes on behind closed doors that us enthusiasts don't see or hear about. Clearly the directors of M&M have fallen way below the standards the TC and VOSA expect of them. Obviously there's several reasons why their licence could have been revoked, most likely to be maintaince issues but to even run a minibus hire type company would require them to hold a operators licence so I would imagine they will concentrate on thier other business interests.
(28/09/2016 13:43)Mayneway Wrote:  To be fair perhaps RedPanda dosen't understand the logistics of running a bus/coach/minibus company.

On the face of it a company may look decent but obviously a lot goes on behind closed doors that us enthusiasts don't see or hear about. Clearly the directors of M&M have fallen way below the standards the TC and VOSA expect of them. Obviously there's several reasons why their licence could have been revoked, most likely to be maintaince issues but to even run a minibus hire type company would require them to hold a operators licence so I would imagine they will concentrate on thier other business interests.
To be honest Mayneway I don't understand it some bits and bobs but I said what I said as I've always had a thing for long running family businesses
(28/09/2016 14:24)RedPanda Wrote:  To be honest Mayneway I don't understand it some bits and bobs but I said what I said as I've always had a thing for long running family businesses

It's always ashame to see a good family run independant go to the wall. They have a lot of values the bigger ops fail to even recognise but if a licence is revoked it's normally for the safety of passegers/drivers etc.

Got to say though I think In this instance the owner has been a little sneaky. Closing the firm down days before he would have been forced to and pointing the finger of blame at LCC for their bus station charges when really it was his own doing.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)