Current time: 17/05/2024, 04:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High Peak
RE: High Peak
(08/01/2015 22:50)Mayneway Wrote:  A cracking idea. It's surprising how many people in Glossop talk about having a direct link to Stockport and one to Manchester so there half way there.
It will be interesting to see if the extra section gets well used.

It also duplicates the 199 from high lane, Although the high lane-Stockport journey time is very optimistic at ten mins less than the 199 on the first journey, whilst still going through the hospital! It will however offer seats to those who usually have to stand on the 850 arriving 199 in stockport.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/01/2015 20:33)Dentonian Wrote:  Actually, it doesn't go through the Hospital Grounds. In fact, I'd heard that this change had been cancelled - the info coming after TFGM expressed concerns that the M-F service was being removed from the Hospital grounds. I must admit, I'm not sure it makes sense; its an extra bus; it will incur parking charges with the excess layover; it competes with the 192(!) and as noted, it runs right in front of the 199 into Stockport. If they have spare resources, they may have been better off improving the punctuality of the 199. The 1020 through Stockport (0905 from Buxton) regularly runs 10-20 minutes late on weekdays.

Just noticed that it doesn't go through the grounds! Can tfgm have that much sway in persuading them not to divert it considering its only tendered on saturday?

It also runs into Stockport at the same time as the 392/393 off peak! Although it does provide a 15 minute high peak service between Stockport and hazel grove off peak.....
(10/01/2015 17:04)djb Wrote:  Just noticed that it doesn't go through the grounds! Can tfgm have that much sway in persuading them not to divert it considering its only tendered on saturday?

It also runs into Stockport at the same time as the 392/393 off peak! Although it does provide a 15 minute high peak service between Stockport and hazel grove off peak.....

I could be wrong but don't DCC fund the Saturday 394?
A nice idea, but just a pity that route 394 will not come to Stockport on Saturdays.
(10/01/2015 22:40)Metroline1511 Wrote:  A nice idea, but just a pity that route 394 will not come to Stockport on Saturdays.

It would have made sense. Glossop is still one of them old fashioned towns where the majoroty of people seem to do there shopping on a Saturday so would have been ideal as a direct link to Stockport.

It's good to see High Peak expanding on services they have inherited. Whats interesting is that Speedwell claimed for years that the 394 wasn't making money yet High Peak seem to think differently. Clearly by using decent low floor vehicles and some competitively priced tickets has kept passenger numbers up. Just wish they or Stagecoach would consider a service between Glossop, Hadfield and Hyde, similar to the old 397.

On the subject of the 394, does anyone know why Smiths of Marple decided not to take on the Saturday 394 when High peak pulled off. I believe Smiths won the tender but then changed thier minds at the last minute so it was give to High Peak.
(11/01/2015 08:12)Mayneway Wrote:  It would have made sense. Glossop is still one of them old fashioned towns where the majoroty of people seem to do there shopping on a Saturday so would have been ideal as a direct link to Stockport.

It's good to see High Peak expanding on services they have inherited. Whats interesting is that Speedwell claimed for years that the 394 wasn't making money yet High Peak seem to think differently. Clearly by using decent low floor vehicles and some competitively priced tickets has kept passenger numbers up. Just wish they or Stagecoach would consider a service between Glossop, Hadfield and Hyde, similar to the old 397.

On the subject of the 394, does anyone know why Smiths of Marple decided not to take on the Saturday 394 when High peak pulled off. I believe Smiths won the tender but then changed thier minds at the last minute so it was give to High Peak.

I might be wrong, but I think after smiths won the tender, high peak registered the mon-sat commercially (minus a few early/late journeys on sat), the tender was then cancelled. High peak later on said the Saturday service wasn't viable, so it became subsidised again.
(11/01/2015 08:51)djb Wrote:  I might be wrong, but I think after smiths won the tender, high peak registered the mon-sat commercially (minus a few early/late journeys on sat), the tender was then cancelled. High peak later on said the Saturday service wasn't viable, so it became subsidised again.

Could well be I just remember being told by someone that Smiths had pulled out at the last miniute to the tendered Saturdsy service went to High peak.
The extension of the 394 to Stockport on weekdays, which was scheduled to take place on 1 March has now been cancelled.

From Derbyshire County Council:

Quote:From Sunday 1 March 2015

Service 394 (High Peak): Please note that the change previously shown on this page has now been cancelled, and the service will continue unchanged until further notice.
The 394 extension to Stockport is now back on. The change will take place on at the end of March (29th) rather than the beginning of the month.

The timetable has been slightly re-timed from the original planned timetable and it appears that weekday journeys will call at Stepping Hill Hospital.

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/timetabl...150329.pdf
Two Scania-Solars - I believe 690 and 693 - have been refurbished by repaint into CentreBus colours and new seating as per the 64-reg Enviro200s. However, 692 has been refurbished for Skylink route 199 by being repainted a slightly darker red and new red seating with a little cream pattern.

I reckon the Solars intended for route 199 will emulate 692, but the generic ones will emulate the CentreBus standard.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)