Current time: 08/05/2024, 06:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High Peak
RE: High Peak
It is route branded, so im guessing either wrong turn or diversion without warning to the operator
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I feel sorry for all the people injured in this incident , im sure if you was on that top deck you would be very shocked .
I think the main thing is that people are ok, you do kind of wonder what drivers are thinking of when they go through these low bridges.
While I'm glad no one was seriously hurt in this incident I'm just wondering what the driver was doing going via Georges Road as its nowhere near the route of TP, I'm guessing though that unfortunatly this will see TP back operated by single deckers again unless another Double Decker can be sourced from somewhere within Centerbus operations.

Out of interest will this see High Peak short of a vehicle for TP services or have they enough spare vehicles for the route
One suggestion put forward on another forum was that, when TP was single deck operated, Georges Road was often used as a short cut, to avoid heavy traffic when leaving Manchester, or to make up time coming in.
Watching the video on the BBC website, it was reported that one passenger was sat at the front of the top deck when the bus crashed. Fortunately, he reacted just before the impact by ducking down and ended up with the window bent over him. Just shook the glass out of his hair and was fine, so quite a lucky man.
(28/07/2013 08:00)robertclark125 Wrote:  One suggestion put forward on another forum was that, when TP was single deck operated, Georges Road was often used as a short cut, to avoid heavy traffic when leaving Manchester, or to make up time coming in.

Don't matter though, driver new what he/she was driving, must have known the bridge was too low.
High Peak started a new commercial service, the 39 linking Macclesfield and Congleton (via Bosley and Buglawton), replacing a much truncated Bakerbus service that had largely been withdrawn at the end of August.

On the first day of operation a ubiquitous former Bowers Optare Solo provided the service.I photographed it out in the countryside crossing the Macclesfield Canal on Bullocks Lane, Sutton. Photo HERE

It was good to see that both Cheshire East Council and High Peak had provided details of the new service on bus stop flags in time for the start date.
As well as the new 39 service High Peak are also operating now on 118 Buxton-Hanley service, not to sure whether this is being operated by a minibus or a full sized single decker though
(03/09/2013 06:15)M60lad Wrote:  As well as the new 39 service High Peak are also operating now on 118 Buxton-Hanley service, not to sure whether this is being operated by a minibus or a full sized single decker though

I've seen a photo of a solo operating this, not sure if that's the norm though.

Due to the new services high peak have been a bit short so they've had to borrow some solos from Notts and Derby, their wellglade half brother.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)