Current time: 25/04/2024, 04:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High Peak
RE: High Peak
An update here is that there is a full article in last Wednesday's edition of Coach & Bus week on this operator, it reports that the depot at Dove Holes is being expanded now and a new set of pits have been installed already when this work is completed the three former Bowers sites at Chapel-en-le-Frith will close with all the fleet moving to the Dove Holes site.

It also goes on to say that the decker operated Scania may not remain over the winter as its suspected the use for it isn't there and therefore it might simply just be brought back every Summer for the summer months only, however at the moment it remains there.

Gilesbus1

Gilesbus1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Changes in Glossop services from 14 January. Service 202 will be curtailed to run between Glossop and Gamesley only with new service 201 also introduced between the two places (202 runs via Simmondley). 394 will be re-timed to provide three buses per hour weekdays between Glossop and Gamesley (one on Saturdays).

http://www.highpeakbuses.com/Documents/2...140113.pdf
Presumably the Stotts 341 and 202's arn't affected by these changes?
(15/12/2012 13:54)Mayneway Wrote:  Presumably the Stotts 341 and 202's arn't affected by these changes?

No mention on the Derbyshire County Council website, so the 341 and Stotts and Stagecoach journeys on the 202 remain unchanged.
(15/12/2012 10:31)SF07 Wrote:  Changes in Glossop services from 14 January. Service 202 will be curtailed to run between Glossop and Gamesley only with new service 201 also introduced between the two places (202 runs via Simmondley). 394 will be re-timed to provide three buses per hour weekdays between Glossop and Gamesley (one on Saturdays).

The changes for the 201, 202 and 394 haven't even taken place yet but it seems that this change won't last long, as the Derbyshire County Council website is reporting that High Peak journeys on the 201 and 202 will be withdrawn from 10 February.

The 394 will see its weekday timetable re-timed again on the same date as the 201/202 withdrawal, while High Peak plan to withdrawn the Saturday service on the 394 but Derbyshire CC are seeking a replacement.

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport_r...efault.asp
(08/01/2013 18:23)SF07 Wrote:  
(15/12/2012 10:31)SF07 Wrote:  Changes in Glossop services from 14 January. Service 202 will be curtailed to run between Glossop and Gamesley only with new service 201 also introduced between the two places (202 runs via Simmondley). 394 will be re-timed to provide three buses per hour weekdays between Glossop and Gamesley (one on Saturdays).

The changes for the 201, 202 and 394 haven't even taken place yet but it seems that this change won't last long, as the Derbyshire County Council website is reporting that High Peak journeys on the 201 and 202 will be withdrawn from 10 February.

The 394 will see its weekday timetable re-timed again on the same date as the 201/202 withdrawal, while High Peak plan to withdrawn the Saturday service on the 394 but Derbyshire CC are seeking a replacement.

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport_r...efault.asp

Hardly surprising. The weekday 202's run by High Peak don't ever seem to carry double numbers of passengers compared to Stott's 341, and this 201 idea just seemed barmy. Presumably DCC will re-route the 341 to serve Simmodly Mon-Fri like it does on a Saturday.

As for the 394, it always worried me when they registered it commercially, and to be honest they seem to have a similar attitude to Speedwell about operating it, sticking anything with 4 wheels on it. I wouldn't be surprised if 6 months down the line the Mon-Fri service is dropped as well.

Who's likely to take on the Saturday 394's though?, personally I would have liked to see Smiths of Marple run it, although there was no promise of low floor vehicles. Other contenders being Stagecoach Manchester and maybe Stotts who have taken a liking to Glossop.
Smiths of Marple did register the 394 service in March last year and was set to run the service on behalf of Derbyshire CC (Derbyshire CC timetable below from a local councillor's website) but pulled out at the last minute and High Peak/Bowers continued and then taking over commercially.

http://www.anthonymckeown.info/download/394S_120325.pdf

Wouldn't be surprised if High Peak keep the Saturday service as a tendered service. Stotts and Stagecoach also plausible options too with Stotts already running the 202/341 Mon-Sat service and Stagecoach running the 202 Sunday service along with the 236/237 and 390.
If I remember rightly Smiths of Marple only pulled out of running the subsidised 394 because High Peak decided to operate it commercially, so DCC pulled the funding. I'm fairly sure that's what someone official told me in Glossop last February.
Of course High Peak had run previously run the 394 for about 6 weeks as an emergency tender.
News on the Cheshire East Council website, which is that High Peak will be taking over the 392/393 services from BakerBus from 4 March 2013 with the services running a revised timetable. 391 will be withdrawn and replaced by P1 service, operated by GHA Coaches, which will probably run between Middlewood and Poynton only.

http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/transport...anges.aspx

No news about the 394 Saturday service for the change on 11 February. High Peak have posted a timetable, which only has the weekday service. This could mean another operator gaining the service.
In a way I'm not surprised that Bakerbus are losing their Stockport Tenders as while the odd journey on 392/393 do interwork with their 99 Macclesfield-Biddulph service, most don't and it is quite a distance from their depot I'd say about about 1 hour or maybe more depending on traffic

It's going to be interesting whether High Peak are going to source additional vehicles to operate 392/393 services and if so what they will be, I'm wondering what the chances of seeing one of the former Skylink Scanias on the routes will be and before anybody says anything there was one out one day last week on 61 Glossop-Buxton service while the usual Plaxton Centro was in for Inspection at Dove Holes Depot

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)