Current time: 18/04/2024, 10:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High Peak
RE: High Peak
(14/10/2019 14:14)djb Wrote:  High peak have a fully skyline livered merc citaro BN12 EOX out today. There may be more to come as last week there was an unbranded silver citaro in use (this one has never been silver)

This was new to Epsom Buses (RATP subsidiary) as their MCL15. Withdrawn last year, and has since been running in Middlesbrough for Stagecarriage.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/10/2019 14:22)EDB325 Wrote:  This was new to Epsom Buses (RATP subsidiary) as their MCL15. Withdrawn last year, and has since been running in Middlesbrough for Stagecarriage.

Further investigation suggests they’ve also acquired 3 ex i.o.m transport citaros too. One of these was prob the silver one.
I spotted in macclesfield an old optare solo. It was CE52 UWX.

According to a fleetlist I've got for high peak it's from stevenage. So don't know what it's doing over here as thought they'd scrapped all their old solos now.
(14/10/2019 16:32)33109 Wrote:  I spotted in macclesfield an old optare solo. It was CE52 UWX.

According to a fleetlist I've got for high peak it's from stevenage. So don't know what it's doing over here as thought they'd scrapped all their old solos now.

Perhaps a Reinstatement/transfer in because of the emergency yourbus tenders?
(14/10/2019 21:05)djb Wrote:  Perhaps a Reinstatement/transfer in because of the emergency yourbus tenders?

Perhaps so aye.

So take it centrebus must have a small possible reserve fleet of old optare solos stored somewhere?
Today (4th jan) a high peak driver told me that the wright solars have only got a week left in service.

Partly replaced by the mercedes citaros. As the solars have now reached 16yrs old guess they've reached withdrawal age.
(04/01/2020 16:43)33109 Wrote:  Today (4th jan) a high peak driver told me that the wright solars have only got a week left in service.

Partly replaced by the mercedes citaros. As the solars have now reached 16yrs old guess they've reached withdrawal age.

16yrs old now that is a good age for a bus in the Low floor era.
(04/01/2020 21:02)wirralbus Wrote:  16yrs old now that is a good age for a bus in the Low floor era.

Not sure if they meet the current PRM spec but the first low floor buses were being delivered in the 90s. The first photo on this site shows a good comparison - a M reg step entry Dart next to a N reg low floor Scania
https://www.railwaymedia.co.uk/Trips/1996/140496/
High peak have another 2 citaros.

Bk13 xyg which seems to be newly painted in centrebus livery/high peak names.
Bk13 xyh which is still in a worn out centrebus livery, with remnants of centrebus branding.
(22/01/2020 08:25)djb Wrote:  High peak have another 2 citaros.

Bk13 xyg which seems to be newly painted in centrebus livery/high peak names.
Bk13 xyh which is still in a worn out centrebus livery, with remnants of centrebus branding.

This pair were 3030/1 with Yourbus. I'm not sure about that branding on XYH ?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)