Current time: 26/04/2024, 14:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Top Gear
RE: Top Gear
(01/07/2016 06:50)Train Man Wrote:  Much as I like the Clarkson/Hammond/May team, I won't pay a penny to amazon, never mind a jaw-dropping £79 - even the £39 mentioned is excessive.

Being the money grabbers that amazon are, I dare say The Grand Tour will end up on Blu Ray and DVD at some point. Or is that too old fashioned of me?

DVD's are old fashioned lol and Blu-ray is still taking off as a major Japanese electronics manufacturer own Blu-ray and won't sell
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Can't remember how much amazon paid for The Grand Tour but it was a lot and am wondering how many prime memberships it would take to recoup the outlay of the contracted three seasons (I think it's three, could be wrong).

I had wondered if amazon bit off more than they could chew, like LWT and The Goodies after they were dropped by the BBC, where LWT didn't really understand what they were buying into. The Goodies were expensive and LWT paid them for a second series only it wasn't made as it was cheaper for them to do nothing!

Can imagine DVD bootleggers having a field day and there will be those who put torrents up or whatever they do.
Find all posts by this user
Chris Evans has announced he is stepping down from his role as a Top Gear presenter after one season
(04/07/2016 15:42)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Chris Evans has announced he is stepping down from his role as a Top Gear presenter after one season

And he won't be replaced says Radiotimes
I remember him on the One Show driving up to New Broadcasting House and his chuffed face but he did say before then the job wasn't his. I hope he gets something that suits him as a viewer and hope it's something that he doesn't get abuse for.
Think with top gear too many people want it to be the same as when clarkson was running it , it will never be like that the present Top Gear has to be something slightly different , the problem is what it is going to be and that they do not have long to do it in .
(04/07/2016 17:12)wirralbus Wrote:  Think with top gear too many people want it to be the same as when clarkson was running it , it will never be like that the present Top Gear has to be something slightly different , the problem is what it is going to be and that they do not have long to do it in .

I know I gave the show grief at the start of the thread but the problem may be that the show goes out to the US and that the audiences may be greater than those here in the UK. They have to look at both broadcasters and what both can and can't show giving what the majority of both audiences want.
Take it out of America and it would be better than it is now. The other alternative is to sell up completely.
For me, Top Gear was must watch TV, put the new series onto record and haven't been all that motivated to watch it. Repeats on Dave, despite the edits, are still preferable to the new stuff. Sad in a way.

Knew I read somewhere that LeBlanc said "(Evans) goes, I go", hopefully he'll be gone - The Stig has a better presenting voice than him. On The Guardian web site, where they have covered the trials and tribulations of Top Gear in a lot of detail. Usual caveat of Internet news services applies! (https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio...ne-series)

Former Top Gear presenter Tiff Needell said the show ended up being a "bad copy of the same show" (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707227)

Former Stig Perry McCarthy: 'Chris Evans hasn't gelled with Top Gear viewers'
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707063)

It has been stated (in the links above and elsewhere) that Evans is a "control freak". With him going, the second season may have a better atmosphere/chemistry but only time will tell. How many will want to see the next series?
Found a link where BBC says that they have no plans to replace Evans
http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebr...87861.html you'll need to read through the headline
(05/07/2016 06:41)RedPanda Wrote:  Found a link where BBC says that they have no plans to replace Evans
http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebr...87861.html you'll need to read through the headline

Whilst I never watched it, my wife was telling me about a spin off series from 'Friends' where LeBlanc's character was the main one. It lasted one series and was axed. Does not bode well for the future of Top Gear!

LeBlanc's delivery reminds me of primary school reading when no one put any emphasis in what was being read off the page. He's just not engaging.

There is more to hosting a motoring program than being the fastest in a "reasonably priced car" circuit.
It will now be for the remaining team to step up to the plate .

It may also be time for this show not to try to be a carbon copy of the clarkson version but stamp there mark a different way.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)