Current time: 04/05/2024, 23:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Transport Museum
RE: Wirral Transport Museum
I did record all the vehicles used on the 15B and the 19 on Sunday for the Mersey Pirate Muster event at New Brighton, unfortunetley I've limited computer acess at the moment so I can't post more, but it was a great event with many a heritage bus to ride.

The 15PR service was changed to the 15B which ran from Seacombe Ferry to New Brighton with service 19 running from Morrison's to Harrison Drive.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/06/2012 14:08)R557 ABA Wrote:  I did record all the vehicles used on the 15B and the 19 on Sunday for the Mersey Pirate Muster event at New Brighton, unfortunetley I've limited computer acess at the moment so I can't post more, but it was a great event with many a heritage bus to ride.

The 15PR service was changed to the 15B which ran from Seacombe Ferry to New Brighton with service 19 running from Morrison's to Harrison Drive.

What was this event about? I never saw any publicity for it and certainly didn't know there would be heritage services. This might have been a good day out for the family.
Find all posts by this user
Wallasey 54 on the 15 today -great bus!

I forgot to mention as I was getting off in New Brighton, the only passenger getting on was an elderly lady. I'm guessing if she grew up in Wallasey she probably would have ridden on 54 as a teenager' but she was certainly keen to board, leaping on to the platform and scampering up the stairs. No low floor needed there.
DVG 487 doing the P&R today. Birkenhead 152 and a Ribble PD3 passed down Borough Road minutes apart at about 4pm. 152 was looking absolutely immaculate.
My daughter was down at New Brighton today. Seems DFG 38 was on the P&Are today.
(05/08/2012 20:44)SNL 824 Wrote:  My daughter was down at New Brighton today. Seems DFG 38 was on the P&Are today.

This seems to be a regular on the service from the times I've ridden the 15, on Saturday 10th August the service will be ran by the 201 Bus Group using Birkenhead Leyland Titan PD2 FBG 910 for anyone who's interested.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/08/2012 00:31)R557 ABA Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 20:44)SNL 824 Wrote:  My daughter was down at New Brighton today. Seems DFG 38 was on the P&Are today.

This seems to be a regular on the service from the times I've ridden the 15, on Saturday 10th August the service will be ran by the 201 Bus Group using Birkenhead Leyland Titan PD2 FBG 910 for anyone who's interested.

That will be an interesting change indeed!
Just gone down lord street (back of Transport Museum)
boticed 2 london Leyland backloaders' a Midland towing bus GM5875 and a green godess fire engine NYV794 are these all new to the collection or storage
GM5875 and Growling-Gertie the Thames Valley Bristol have been around for ages, they were both in red back in Pacific Road days. GM5875 went Birkenhead blue for a few years and Gertie went into Tillings green around the time Taylor Street opened. I hear they're in because they've both just been done back into red. They tend to live out in Hooton but have always been associated with the museum and had regular periods of living in the sheds. If they've just been painted I would expect them to do a spell at Taylor Street and that two others will have been rotated back out. Possibly Birkenhead 93 and the Arts Vagen.

Can't help with London Leylands, there are a couple of Hooton based Routemasters that visit from time to time. The only red Leyland is the Ribble front loader.
wallasey 54 was missing and so was arts vagan and 1 birkenhead decker

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)