Current time: 19/04/2024, 12:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New London Mayor
New London Mayor
Despite the print media's best efforts, Londoners have elected Sadiq Khan, the son of a bus driver, as their new mayor. Already he has announced a new Hopper ticket allowing passengers to make transfers without incurring additional cost and I wonder what else he has planned. Cancelling future orders for NB4L, Boris's vanity project might be next but I really did like the photo printed in most of today's newspapers showing him waiting for a bus on his way to work. Somehow I don't think that any of our local MP's or elected mayors would be seen dead on a bus.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: New London Mayor
I think Sadiq will honour existing NBfL orders and accept these at fit for purpose, unlike Boris's attitude to the bendis, but will not order any more.

It seems that it will then be up to London bus companies to order short NBfLs, probably named STs, or Volvo B5LH with NRM bodies, in some quarters known as SRMs, if they see fit. There are already 6 SRMs due for London Sovereign route 13.
Is Sadiq going to give the London bus operating companies more scope to look at different vehicles as long as they fall under the remit of the tender they signed up for .
(01/06/2016 06:32)wirralbus Wrote:  Is Sadiq going to give the London bus operating companies more scope to look at different vehicles as long as they fall under the remit of the tender they signed up for .

I understand he will not authorise any more LT orders, and that he/ TfL will allow operators to choose whether to take NRM-inspired vehicles, and let them choose their own spec.
(10/05/2016 18:46)Barney Wrote:  Somehow I don't think that any of our local MP's or elected mayors would be seen dead on a bus.

My local MP is a regular bus user
I agree with barney though that most of the countries MP's wouldn't use buses , the nearest you'll get is trains as they travel and from there seat area .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)