Current time: 02/05/2024, 21:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Downloading Timetables onto smart Phones
Downloading Timetables onto smart Phones
Recently got a Start Phone and one thing am looking to do is download Timetables of Services i use onto my Phone to save Data, Was wondering where you go to download Timetables, So far i have managed to download a few from the Merseytravel Website but was also looking to download Timetables from other parts of the North West.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Downloading Timetables onto smart Phones
(05/05/2016 09:16)T42 PVM Wrote:  Recently got a Start Phone and one thing am looking to do is download Timetables of Services i use onto my Phone to save Data, Was wondering where you go to download Timetables, So far i have managed to download a few from the Merseytravel Website but was also looking to download Timetables from other parts of the North West.

If you know the the number and start/finish point, type that into a search engine.
Example - '31 St Helens' and tap search. I usually go for Merseytravel timetables more than Arriva.

If you don't know the number or start/finish points, I've found Merseytravel and TFGM have maps of the areas they serve and close up maps of the bus stations. Find your route and then type it into the search engine. Haven't really looked into other PTE's or councils so can't be sure on them.
Google maps is another resource I use as there are times and routes. It doesn't use too much mobile data as well.

iPhones tend to open pdf files on the web browser rather than downloading them. Android downloads them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
RE: Downloading Timetables onto smart Phones
(05/05/2016 11:34)RedPanda Wrote:  If you know the the number and start/finish point, type that into a search engine.
Example - '31 St Helens' and tap search. I usually go for Merseytravel timetables more than Arriva.

If you don't know the number or start/finish points, I've found Merseytravel and TFGM have maps of the areas they serve and close up maps of the bus stations. Find your route and then type it into the search engine. Haven't really looked into other PTE's or councils so can't be sure on them.
Google maps is another resource I use as there are times and routes. It doesn't use too much mobile data as well.

iPhones tend to open pdf files on the web browser rather than downloading them. Android downloads them.

When you are at home using WiFi you can download Google Maps data for cities/areas that you frequently visit so that all the bulk of the data is already on your phone rather than having to download it all every time. It saves data and time.

I think there is also an option for downloading transit information. I know there is on Google Maps in the US, not sure about over in Britain though.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)