Current time: 07/05/2024, 03:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva orders 2016/17
RE: Arriva orders 2016/17
(26/03/2017 01:50)Y474 KNF Wrote:  the hybrids also have the 8/9s programmed into their destination equipment too

That doesn't matter. Every single bus at Green Lane(with the exception of the Yutong) has the same Hanover programming USB, there isn't a different format for each bus type as the destination equipment arriva use is of 'standard' dimension, It's one list of destinations for all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/03/2017 18:44)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  That doesn't matter. Every single bus at Green Lane(with the exception of the Yutong) has the same Hanover programming USB, there isn't a different format for each bus type as the destination equipment arriva use is of 'standard' dimension, It's one list of destinations for all.

Oh fair enough - that makes sense
(26/03/2017 01:06)Y474 KNF Wrote:  The railway bridge crossing over the A5080 by the White Moss Garden Centre has a height clearance sign which indicates no vehicles over 15 feet tall are allowed to pass under it. The current generation long wheelbase Enviro400 has a height of either 13'9" or 14'1" - so either of those could fit under that bridge with absolutely no issues whatsoever with between 11 and 13 inches of clearance

Oh right. Weren't 100% sure if they could fit under it.
On the 7 itself, I have been on them a number of times even though it gets packed out from Liverpool it becomes less so between Huyton - Warrington so i don't personally think it would justify to have a double decker on the 7.
(29/03/2017 21:28)TheShire Wrote:  Oh right. Weren't 100% sure if they could fit under it.
On the 7 itself, I have been on them a number of times even though it gets packed out from Liverpool it becomes less so between Huyton - Warrington so i don't personally think it would justify to have a double decker on the 7.

Yeah I think Huyton-Warrington is fine as it is on the whole but I think the days of operating a short route between Liverpool-Huyton and then a longer one between Liverpool-Warrington are long gone - and something really needs doing about the busier section. Ultimately for me it's that busier section that desperately needs an upgrade in vehicle size or frequency as a matter of urgency
No wonder a basic 30 minute frequency is struggling. It's a corridor which Arriva really have run down over the years. Not helped by the fact Arriva withdrew the quicker 6 not so long ago.
(29/03/2017 22:14)St Helens Rider Wrote:  No wonder a basic 30 minute frequency is struggling. It's a corridor which Arriva really have run down over the years. Not helped by the fact Arriva withdrew the quicker 6 not so long ago.

It's a really poor frequency - if it remains single deck then it really needs to be increased to every twenty minutes would would add another vehicle to the route's PVR - and that would be the only way of helping alleviate the capacity problems on the route without purchasing double deckers (or bringing some cascades in from Speke for example) for the route. You never know - if there's more capacity there then more people might be encouraged to use the 7 - but as I've said before only time will tell really
(29/03/2017 22:23)Y474 KNF Wrote:  It's a really poor frequency - if it remains single deck then it really needs to be increased to every twenty minutes would would add another vehicle to the route's PVR - and that would be the only way of helping alleviate the capacity problems on the route without purchasing double deckers (or bringing some cascades in from Speke for example) for the route. You never know - if there's more capacity there then more people might be encouraged to use the 7 - but as I've said before only time will tell really

I have made a suggestions around that area that could improved but i doubt that would ever happen.

Withdraw 10b

7 - Partly replacing 10b between Huyton - Liverpool via old sawn and perhaps run as a limited stop to provide quicker journey rather than stopping at every stop. (every 20 mins)

15 - Extend to Elizabeth road from Huyton, Replacing 10b (every 7-10mins, same as now)

16/17 Running as a loop partly replacing the original 6 and 7 (each every 20 mins)

10/10A could increase to every 10mins rather every 15-20 mins

I did a map below

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144289452@...ed-public/
For a start, there is already a 17 that has gone the same way for years, operated by Stagecoach from Liverpool to Aintree Hospital so what would you do with that. 10B withdrawn, really to be replaced with a service with less frequency and to completely divert from its present route, so what would you do with people needing Edge Lane. Since when was 10/10A every 15-20 minutes, 10A is certainly not that now. So these are really not well thought out.
(11/04/2017 09:54)TheShire Wrote:  I have made a suggestions around that area that could improved but i doubt that would ever happen.

Withdrawing the 10B makes no sense at all because it is a useful link and it does get busy. What I think is worth doing is extending the 15 to Elizabeth Road and shortening the 10B to Huyton bus station and renumbering it to 11 instead

The 6 was withdrawn due to low passenger numbers so reinstating anything like it isn't worth it. As MPTE said the number 17 is already used by Stagecoach so that wouldn't work either

Best solution is increase the 7 to every 20 minutes or upgrade it to Enviro400 operation. There are no height restrictions on the route and I think it's the best way to improve capacity along that corridor
Alright then just stick to poor frequent service as St Helens Rider pointed out.

*Thumbs up*

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)