Current time: 06/05/2024, 12:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva orders 2016/17
RE: Arriva orders 2016/17
Pretty sure the single-deckers for the 26/27 are going to be the Enviro 200 EV buses, seen lots of pictures suggesting this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/03/2017 08:38)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  Pretty sure the single-deckers for the 26/27 are going to be the Enviro 200 EV buses, seen lots of pictures suggesting this.

With a BYD D9UR chassis yes
From the order update on page 70, I thought the HVs for London were for Tottenham, Clapton and Norwood. Now that route 19 is to run from Tottenham (AR) they should get some of the batch marked for Norwood. Also, I believe all HAs are for Brixton as route 133 was fully reallocated there from N.

4693-97 will so far be unique as Arriva Enviro 400-MMCs for the North West.
(25/03/2017 21:58)Metroline1511 Wrote:  From the order update on page 70, I thought the HVs for London were for Tottenham, Clapton and Norwood. Now that route 19 is to run from Tottenham (AR) they should get some of the batch marked for Norwood. Also, I believe all HAs are for Brixton as route 133 was fully reallocated there from N.

4693-97 will so far be unique as Arriva Enviro 400-MMCs for the North West.

I've just taken the HV information from an online fleetlist - I'll have a look and correct it if other information appears in the mean time

So far yes - I anticipate there will be more in the future though considering the amount of numbers left between 4697 and 4800. There's a few routes in the division that in my opinion could definitely do with an upgrade in capacity - especially the 7, 8/9 and 53. I think the 352 is possibly another one to consider a bit later down the line but right now I think it manages alright with single deckers

I've never seen a 7 between the City Centre and Huyton during the day that isn't full or nearly full and I also think that the frequency of a route which connects two of the North West's largest population centres is too low for single deck operation. First's 100 between Warrington and Manchester is double deck so I don't see why the 7 shouldn't be either
(25/03/2017 22:19)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I've just taken the HV information from an online fleetlist - I'll have a look and correct it if other information appears in the mean time

So far yes - I anticipate there will be more in the future though considering the amount of numbers left between 4697 and 4800. There's a few routes in the division that in my opinion could definitely do with an upgrade in capacity - especially the 7, 8/9 and 53. I think the 352 is possibly another one to consider a bit later down the line but right now I think it manages alright with single deckers

I've never seen a 7 between the City Centre and Huyton during the day that isn't full or nearly full and I also think that the frequency of a route which connects two of the North West's largest population centres is too low for single deck operation. First's 100 between Warrington and Manchester is double deck so I don't see why the 7 shouldn't be either

On the route 7 there is a low bridge on the A5080 thats why its allways single deckers unless the 7 is rerouted around widnes
(26/03/2017 00:01)TheShire Wrote:  On the route 7 there is a low bridge on the A5080 thats why its allways single deckers unless the 7 is rerouted around widnes

The railway bridge crossing over the A5080 by the White Moss Garden Centre has a height clearance sign which indicates no vehicles over 15 feet tall are allowed to pass under it. The current generation long wheelbase Enviro400 has a height of either 13'9" or 14'1" - so either of those could fit under that bridge with absolutely no issues whatsoever with between 11 and 13 inches of clearance
Route 8/9 go under a low bridge in huyton near lord derby high school so deckers would not be suitable.
(26/03/2017 01:25)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Route 8/9 go under a low bridge in huyton near lord derby high school so deckers would not be suitable.

If I remember correctly the railway bridge over Seel Road also has about 15 feet of headroom - so double deckers can fit under it and I'm sure Enviro400s have made it onto the 8/9s before although it's extremely rare for that to happen. In addition to the Enviro400s the hybrids also have the 8/9s programmed into their destination equipment too
(26/03/2017 01:50)Y474 KNF Wrote:  If I remember correctly the railway bridge over Seel Road also has about 15 feet of headroom - so double deckers can fit under it and I'm sure Enviro400s have made it onto the 8/9s before although it's extremely rare for that to happen. In addition to the Enviro400s the hybrids also have the 8/9s programmed into their destination equipment too

Ah right i stand corrected lol as ive never really looked at the height of the bridge ... silly me Hammer
Google Earth street view has the bridge height on Seel Road at exactly 15 foot, i also remember deckers, mostly Atlanteans on the 9B & replacement 8/9 before the route got converted to single deckers.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)