Current time: 19/04/2024, 12:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Have you noticed a light come on or go off other than indicators?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Indicators
Indicators
We all say people should use their indicators to as this tells others of their intentions. Sometimes drivers will use the and sometimes they won't or fail to work for whatever reason.

I've started to notice when drivers have their dipped headlights or full beam on that when they indicate, an extra light will come on (not the orange flashing light at the front) a spotlight if you like and it doesn't go off until the drivers wheels are straight again (like normal indicators).Other times a light will go out and the indicator will flash. I've noticed this on vehicles registered in 2010 and onward particularly Dacias and VWs.
If your struggling understanding me, ask somebody at home or work to pop ther lights on and their indicators (NOT HAZARDS). Arriva's 64/15 reg ADL Enviro 400's also have this.

Positioning of indicators is another problem. The second version of Nissan's Qashqui has some that I struggle to see when the dipped lights are on. What I'm wondering is if the indication isn't visible, who's fault is it if there's a head on collision? Is it the driver with the bad indicators' fault or the fault of the manufacturer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Indicators
Quiet weirdly I was thinking exactly this yesterday, I've seen a few VW Polos were a marker light goes on (solid, not flashing) when the indicators are on at night!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
RE: Indicators
(26/02/2016 21:30)buses7675 Wrote:  Quiet weirdly I was thinking exactly this yesterday, I've seen a few VW Polos were a marker light goes on (solid, not flashing) when the indicators are on at night!

For me its a safety concern as there isn't actually indication or not visible to other drivers but there is to the driver who's intending to turn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)