Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Do you think the United Kingdom should stay or leave the EU?
This poll is closed.
Stay in the European Union 57.69% 15 57.69%
Leave the European Union 30.77% 8 30.77%
Don't know/Undecided 11.54% 3 11.54%
Total 26 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
European Union - IN or OUT
RE: European Union - IN or OUT
Should we be discussing politics on the website?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
I don't see any reason why not, the topic is in the random section that is mostly not about buses so not reason not to, particularly this subject.
European Politics is relevant to a lot of items we discus in here , be it bus or train .
Doubt i could vote this time as i should be in Brisbane for Origin when the votes on but i'd vote out i guess

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
If your able you should apply for a postal vote , its going to be close that really every vote will count on either side of the argument .
(11/03/2016 08:13)wirralbus Wrote:  If your able you should apply for a postal vote , its going to be close that really every vote will count on either side of the argument .

I shall be out of the country, in Dublin when the referendum is held. I shall therefore apply for a postal vote.

I have personal reasons for wanting to be there for the weekend of June 25th/26th. My plans stalled when I first heard June 23rd touted as a potential date. However, once I realised that it could be fascinating to hear the coverage there I booked my flights to go then anyway! Then 3 weeks later this date was confirmed.
It looks likely from our straw poll that of users here at Dartslf.com that we want to stay in the European union .

On the day its the don't knows that will decide our fate by the looks of it .
(09/04/2016 18:19)wirralbus Wrote:  It looks likely from our straw poll that of users here at Dartslf.com that we want to stay in the European union .

On the day its the don't knows that will decide our fate by the looks of it .

The don't knows may be the people who can't be bothered with politics or students who come to life when darkness comes round.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think there is so much bitterness in both camps that it will still divide the political parties after the Referendum Result has been announced one way or another .

I cant believe that the EU referendum result could cause the next world war was beyond belief .
(11/05/2016 08:27)wirralbus Wrote:  I think there is so much bitterness in both camps that it will still divide the political parties after the Referendum Result has been announced one way or another .

I cant believe that the EU referendum result could cause the next world war was beyond belief .

The League of Nations was set up after the first world war in an attempt to prevent such a thing ever happening again. Because of the nationalistic divisions it didn't last very long and what was the result: another world war. The Balkans war in the early 90s shows how far we are from another calamity: not very.

The EU is by no means perfect but it's better than the alternative.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)