Current time: 27/04/2024, 04:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

23 ULEVs for the Liverpool City Region
23 ULEVs for the Liverpool City Region
According to an article on GreenFleet there will be 23 Ultra Low Emissions Vehicles entering service in the Liverpool City Region over the course of this year. It'll be interesting to see what they are considering the proposal that was announced last year was for 51 hybrid double deckers, 12 electric single deckers and 9 gas buses to be introduced. Also being introduced to the city region are 28 new charging points for electric vehicles - 14 of these will be available for public use

See here: http://www.greenfleet.net/news/2253-28-n...-liverpool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: 23 ULEVs for the Liverpool City Region
It looks like they have funding for about a third of the vehicles they wanted , I wonder could be done with 23 vehicles . Any ideas?
(11/02/2016 15:44)wirralbus Wrote:  It looks like they have funding for about a third of the vehicles they wanted , I wonder could be done with 23 vehicles . Any ideas?

Whats the pvr for the 14 and 26/27?
(11/02/2016 15:44)wirralbus Wrote:  It looks like they have funding for about a third of the vehicles they wanted , I wonder could be done with 23 vehicles . Any ideas?

I would say that the order will be for the electric single deckers (Optare MetroCitys seem the most likely) for the 26/27 and some more gas buses for Runcorn - with perhaps a couple more vehicles added to one or both batches for additional spares. I can't see any hybrid double deckers being ordered this time unfortunately

(11/02/2016 15:46)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Whats the pvr for the 14 and 26/27?

It's more than 23 unfortunately - same with the 14 and 18. At least the 14 and 18 are still receiving double deckers though
Are MetroCitys big enough for the 26/27? What is the highest capacity MetroCity on the market?
44 seats is the highest seating capacity on the 11.5m V1152MC model and total capacity of 60. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/02/2016 18:31)jcksmnr Wrote:  Are MetroCitys big enough for the 26/27? What is the highest capacity MetroCity on the market?

The largest version of the MetroCity (11.5 metres) has 44 seats although it has slightly less standing capacity than the Pulsars currently used on the 26/27. There's also the Alexander Dennis Enviro350 Virtual Electric (which I'd imagine have around the same capacity) so they're a possibility as well
9 Eco-cities for the 82A
12 *unknown electrics* for use on the 26/27
(11/02/2016 19:11)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  9 Eco-cities for the 82A
12 *unknown electrics* for use on the 26/27

The 23 buses are supposed to be spread across the city region. My maths ain't good nor is my English but I don't think your numbers adds up for the other parts of the region.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/02/2016 19:21)RedPanda Wrote:  The 23 buses are supposed to be spread across the city region. My maths ain't good nor is my English but I don't think your numbers adds up for the other parts of the region.

They are.
82A will service Halton, Knowsley and Liverpool City Region.
26/27 Will serve Liverpool City Region.
The existing X30 enters the Warrington borough, and Halton again with the Busway services and 21.
Wirral and Liverpool City Region are covered by the Cross-River hybrids

Regions not covered (yet) will be West Lancs, Sefton and St Helens.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)