Current time: 25/04/2024, 08:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Duffer Meanswear
Duffer Meanswear
I see this company are starting to make a return to the high street after going bust in January 2014 as the other day i come across one of their stores in St Johns Market (Liverpool) and since found out they also have a store in Preston, Do they have any others? Its rare to see a firm of any kind rise from administration these days

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Duffer Meanswear
(05/02/2016 18:47)T42 PVM Wrote:  I see this company are starting to make a return to the high street after going bust in January 2014 as the other day i come across one of their stores in St Johns Market (Liverpool) and since found out they also have a store in Preston, Do they have any others? Its rare to see a firm of any kind rise from administration these days

They have a couple of stores in the Manchester area. There's one in my hometown of Ashton under lyne and im pretty sure there's one in the city centre.

Of course Clintons cards famously went into liquidation closing all it's stores and then surviving as an online store only then made a comeback opening stores directly opposite thier main compititor The card Factory.
Find all posts by this user
Did not know they re-opened them stores as well, When abouts did they re-open them?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(16/02/2016 22:55)T42 PVM Wrote:  Did not know they re-opened them stores as well, When abouts did they re-open them?

There's a Duffer menswear in the ladysmith shopping centre in Ashton and there's one innthe Arndale in Manchester. I'm told there's one in Mersey square in Stockport.
Jessops and Netto have also made a return after they vanish...ashame the likes of Woolworths Stores not come back
I think Netto carried on in Europe, it was just the UK shops that were sold to Asda. Good to see the original Netto back however in the UK!

C&A needs to return (that too remains in Europe), I've got a now 16 year old T-shirt that still fits from them - best £2 I ever spent haha

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
I dont think all the Nettos where sol to Asda as am sure the one in Brightmet in Bolton is a Morrisons, Been a while since i been that way tho so could be wrong!

Netto UK sold out to Asda but Asda didn't keep all stores, Morrisons taking on the empty site as they also did in Earlestown, however this has now closed as a Morrisons.
(02/03/2016 18:45)jcksmnr Wrote:  Netto UK sold out to Asda but Asda didn't keep all stores, Morrisons taking on the empty site as they also did in Earlestown, however this has now closed as a Morrisons.

Netto didn't sell out. Netto is and always has been a large well known Danish/Scandinavian discount retailers. Following on from the huge success of Kwicksave and thier 'no frills' discount brands Asda was keen to muscle in on what was seen as the next big boom. They brought the Netto brand to the UK basically sourcing buildings/land and providing warehousing and logistics all for a share in any UK profits. Walmart bought ASDA and decided that with it's massive buying power it could provide the discounts in thier own stores rather than in sister outlets (netto) so the partnership was ended and the netto brand disapeared with tbe majority of Netto stores becoming Asda convience stores although some were leased to other companies by the building owners.

Over 15 years on and with the huge success Aldi and Lidl are seeing, sainsburys wants a a slice of the action and has basically brought the brand back, on a similar set up that Asda had, the first store opened in 2015 in Middleton and nettos UK head offices are also based in Manchester. As well as selling a lot of own brand items at discounted prices they also sell well known branded goods with short shelf life's - often stuff that's been taken out of sainsburys stores ect.
I think it's either a 3 or 4 year deal so netto could again disappear and be replaced with more sainsburys local stores lol.
Netto in Europe remained yes but in the UK it did sell out to Asda rather than be an arm of Asda about 5 years ago. Walmart bought Asda long before this took place.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)