Current time: 04/05/2024, 04:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Operation of articulated buses in the North West
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(27/12/2015 15:21)motormayhem1 Wrote:  They had a 96 too but i think that wasnt an express service as it went via st helens prescot and atherton.

Thats one I don't remember, I do remember the 320 though which was similar and also not an express.
Find all posts by this user
(27/12/2015 15:20)Lynx Wrote:  There is a bridge where the 79c turns of into grangeway that would restrict the 82a to single deck operation only, and also the low bridge on Victoria road in Widnes.

But im sure low height deckers can get under that one.
(27/12/2015 15:27)motormayhem1 Wrote:  But im sure low height deckers can get under that one.

Possibly but I don't think its ever been done.
I think whether or not there are no bridges low enough to exclude deckers, no deckers should operate out of Runcorn because what if there's a diversion or they have to interwork or the management would like to change the route slightly?
The whole area is full of low bridges so even one small change could thwart the whole operation.
I agree not operating them as just saying they could if they wanted but they wont anyway as i was there one day when i was based there when a supervisor had a drive of an old back loader from runcorn depot to the shopping city and back and was suprised as i thought it wouldnt fit.
(27/12/2015 16:20)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I agree not operating them as just saying they could if they wanted but they wont anyway as i was there one day when i was based there when a supervisor had a drive of an old back loader from runcorn depot to the shopping city and back and was suprised as i thought it wouldnt fit.

I understand but with respect isn't a back loader marginally smaller than a typical low height decker?
(27/12/2015 17:35)Lynx Wrote:  I understand but with respect isn't a back loader marginally smaller than a typical low height decker?

Yeah i think they are so they may not fit after all .
(27/12/2015 13:24)RedPanda Wrote:  You could say the same for lorries

Make it a limited stop service and have signs telling other road users where the bus stops

It was I think cyclists getting on the inside of these artics that was the problem , artic's are longer than a conventional buses and when starting the turning the driver doesn't know if anything is then lined up next to the rear section. It was a case of trying to educate other road users that failed .
(27/12/2015 20:16)chris-s Wrote:  Don't want to sound rude but why are w discussing Runcorn routes on a st.helens thread?

On about removing some buses to and from Liverpool that operates along the 10 corridor and replace them with bendy buses (an idea of mine) then talk started on how other depots had bendy buses and where they'd be useful.

Back to the subject of the artic bendy buses to/from Liverpool, I've had a thought all that would happen is the top deck would trail behind albeit with a few more seats. Not one for now but a few years off yet.
I said M57 Junction 2 as drivers can turn around and Knowsley Council could make a buses layby for layover time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(27/12/2015 21:07)RedPanda Wrote:  On about removing some buses to and from Liverpool that operates along the 10 corridor and replace them with bendy buses (an idea of mine) then talk started on how other depots had bendy buses and where they'd be useful.

Back to the subject of the artic bendy buses to/from Liverpool, I've had a thought all that would happen is the top deck would trail behind albeit with a few more seats. Not one for now but a few years off yet.
I said M57 Junction 2 as drivers can turn around and Knowsley Council could make a buses layby for layover time.

Wow, this topic got its own thread LaughLaughLaugh . Sorry but I was just wondering what you meant by the top deck trailing behind?
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)