Current time: 04/05/2024, 02:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus operators decide to have additional Bank Holiday
RE: Bus operators decide to have additional Bank Holiday
(27/12/2015 15:11)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Both the 10A and 320 are heavily used on boxing day as the reason deckers are not used on the 320 yet are due to not being tested by the health and saftey team but hopefully the deckers will be tested on routes after the new year.

I remember last year there was a Gemini on the 20 and 620. I know its off topic but is there a height difference between a Gemini and an Enviro 400?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/12/2015 18:02)RedPanda Wrote:  I remember last year there was a Gemini on the 20 and 620. I know its off topic but is there a height difference between a Gemini and an Enviro 400?

Yes. The VLWs are full height and the Enviro400s are low height
Find all posts by this user
But the driver who took it on the 620 was later informed he shouldn't of took it and they have been health and saftey tested on the 20.
(27/12/2015 19:14)motormayhem1 Wrote:  But the driver who took it on the 620 was later informed he shouldn't of took it and they have been health and saftey tested on the 20.

Any idea why the vehicle type couldn't be used is it trees or other street furniture issue .
Just due to it not being route trialed by the health and saftey team as the routes get tested for low trees , bridges or obstacles that may restrict them along the route even though most routes where operated by deckers back in the days by various operators.
(27/12/2015 19:14)motormayhem1 Wrote:  But the driver who took it on the 620 was later informed he shouldn't of took it and they have been health and saftey tested on the 20.

Its like saying a solo shouldn't do a 10 as it 'might' get full. If x, y or z is the only bus available, some common sense is required.
I believe that some of the telegraph wires are too low for deckers in some parts near St Helens, so this could be the reason, perhaps?
(I was told this by a volunteer at the North West Museum of Road Transport who said they'd had problems with some of their deckers when taking them out in the past).
(27/12/2015 20:21)Valandil Wrote:  I believe that some of the telegraph wires are too low for deckers in some parts near St Helens, so this could be the reason, perhaps?
(I was told this by a volunteer at the North West Museum of Road Transport who said they'd had problems with some of their deckers when taking them out in the past).

Aren't Arriva's Enviro 400's the same height as Stagecoach Wigan's Enviro 400's? If the Gemini or VLW could do the 620 as it was then without incident, surly an Enviro 400 would work well on the 320. Stagecoach's 658 sometimes has a decker and the two take the same road to Wigan from Platt Bridge.
I think what Motormayhem1 is trying to say is there is protocols to be followed , im sure something would have been said if he subsequently brought a vehicle with a major dent to the bodywork or if the telephone wires for a certain area had stopped working .
Thats correct wirralbus thanks lol , I've mentioned to management that deckers have been used on most routes prior to the the DLA'S , VLW'S and now Enviro400 turning up but there words are they must not be used if they have not been risk assest by the road saftey team which would take one round the route and point out potential hazards as after all we are playing with humans health and saftey and they dont want anything bad to happen to passengers like a de-roofing or something.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)