Current time: 21/05/2024, 09:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sale of Local Authority bus companies
RE: Sale of Local Authority bus companies
The way things are going the area is probably going to eventually be known as the Liverpool City Region soon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/12/2015 22:32)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Don't see how it sounds better plus your way wants to wipe out the name of quite a large area, so do want this site to be re-named Dennis dart website with Merseyside removed as well.

No I don't want a name change of the Merseyside Dennis Dart website but why do we have Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan on here? First Manchester too and any other operator based outside Merseyside
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(20/12/2015 22:42)RedPanda Wrote:  No I don't want a name change of the Merseyside Dennis Dart website but why do we have Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan on here? First Manchester too and any other operator based outside Merseyside

Probably because people are interested in other areas and people from those areas may also be interested in ours. It brings more people into the forum and no doubt helps with its success. Also people on here will like to know of area and countrywide fleet movements that go on and also helps us all to gain more knowledge of the bus scene. I'm sure there are other reasons that somebody else may want to add to
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind all members of the South Lancs and Halton Dennis Dart Forum that neither 'New Merseyside' Transport or 'Network Greater Manchester' are selling their operations.
And given the fact the stagecoach operations in the south lancs area is on the glenvale licence which first started in merseyside lol it would be ludicrous to leave out the licence home region.
It just sounds less gobbledegook calling it Stagecoach South Lancashire and Halton. I can see where your all coming from and I suppose at the end of the day , does the customer really care what its called.
It doesn't though does it, it's just a ludicrous suggestion, by that reckoning we should leave Warrington of network Warrington and just call it network. Or Wales out of arriva north west & Wales because it's less to say and so on.
Can we just call this the Forum 'The Widnes and surrounding areas Dennis Dart club'...haha much easier.
(21/12/2015 08:29)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Can we just call this the Forum 'The Widnes and surrounding areas Dennis Dart club'...haha much easier.

Lol no please, if somebody is on the 14 from Widnes to Runcorn are they going from Merseyside to Halton or will they still be in the Halton region?
Lol if travelling from Widnes it's Cheshire so certainly not Merseyside..

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)