Current time: 04/05/2024, 00:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sale of Local Authority bus companies
RE: Sale of Local Authority bus companies
I agree i dont think rotala would be in a posistion to buy NW if it was ever put up for sale as i think due to the current fleet NW have the price of assets would make the company to costly to buy and think it would be soaked up by one of the larger companies who have the financial backing to buy and invest even though not much investment in the fleet would be needed straight away apart from a fare restructure where as halton would need a bit of investment in there fleet but i think halton are making good with what they have and haven't stretched there finances that would potentially but them in a financial burden and think halton would be one for stagecoach if they ever went up for sale as halton would invest heavily on the fleet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/12/2015 08:55)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Red Panda how do you know Network Warrington are 'currently' strapped for cash?

RSTurbo they've just sold the 11reg solos as they was wanting something bigger and they always seem to buy a brand new buses. They asked the council for investment recently didn't they. High fares is another one. They can afford to pay staff but can't afford a brand new bus. Perhaps sell up or buy several secondhand buses for the price of a new one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think it is possible that strapped councils will sell eventually now they can keep the cash. I think if they were sold Stagecoach would be interested in Halton and NW as they would fill the gap between Manchester and Merseyside nicely. Could see Rotala to after Rossendale and Go Ahead for Fylde.[/i]
(19/12/2015 11:48)RedPanda Wrote:  RSTurbo they've just sold the 11reg solos as they was wanting something bigger and they always seem to buy a brand new buses. They asked the council for investment recently didn't they. High fares is another one. They can afford to pay staff but can't afford a brand new bus. Perhaps sell up or buy several secondhand buses for the price of a new one.

They sold the 11 plate Solos not because they need the money but because they don't require that size of vehicle anymore. They used them to inter work services with the 31 but that service has been withdrawn. What's the point of keeping them f they are no longer required. Perhaps makes good business sense? Also some of the 53 plate VDLs have since been brought back into service to replace these...

The Versas purchased was 'partly' funded by the local authority. However they also received a substantial grant for greener buses, a government initiative. High fares, well that's a management decision and I'm not n a position to answer that one.

The staff can't be paid? Where on earth have you got this from? I'd be interested to know your source on that one.

Why would they buy second hand buses now when they have a more than adequate fleet? You obviously have a short memory as the company purchased a fair few Deckers from Londn in 2011 all of which were second hand..

Just thought I would clear up some facts.
(19/12/2015 12:14)rod_259 Wrote:  I think it is possible that strapped councils will sell eventually now they can keep the cash. I think if they were sold Stagecoach would be interested in Halton and NW as they would fill the gap between Manchester and Merseyside nicely. Could see Rotala to after Rossendale and Go Ahead for Fylde.[/i]

CMA would prevent purchasing by the same group of Halton and Network Warrington if they WAS to come on the market .
(19/12/2015 08:55)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Red Panda how do you know Network Warrington are 'currently' strapped for cash?

Why have they put their fares up? Why have they sold the solos and asked for investment from the council?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/12/2015 13:04)RedPanda Wrote:  Why have they put their fares up? Why have they sold the solos and asked for investment from the council?

You never answered the questions..
(19/12/2015 08:16)RedPanda Wrote:  First's only north west operations are Greater Manchester ones. Branch out a little.

First did buy Chester City Transport (who were a local authority owned operator) before deciding to sell their Chester operations to Stagecoach at a later date. They also sold some former Greater Manchester Buses North operations to Stagecoach but then bought Finglands who were a competitor to Stagecoach's existing operations.
(19/12/2015 12:14)rod_259 Wrote:  Go Ahead for Fylde.

Note that currently Blackpool Transport are a bus and tram operator, some of the operators who might like the bus routes in Blackpool might not want the tram routes.
I think the trams in blackpool is a better investment than the bus side but thats my personal thought as i have heard about one company who is intrested in blackpool transport but wont buy it cause the council wont sell the tram operation along with it only the bus side of it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)