Current time: 04/05/2024, 01:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
RE: National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
I actually work for a operator which has National Express operations and no one can actually see how this is going to work. At one point u can have 5 coaches on stand at any one time. No one even knows what route any coach will be given. All I know is that the. 060 Liverpool-Leeds via Manchester shuttle will have a extra stop somewhere in the University area of town
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/12/2015 20:13)chris-s Wrote:  I actually work for a operator which has National Express operations and no one can actually see how this is going to work. At one point u can have 5 coaches on stand at any one time. No one even knows what route any coach will be given. All I know is that the. 060 Liverpool-Leeds via Manchester shuttle will have a extra stop somewhere in the University area of town

Im guessing the extra stop will be at the top of brownlow hill where the university district is.
(06/12/2015 14:15)T42 PVM Wrote:  Every stand has got use in Liverpool One anyway, adding onto that some Coaches are due of at the same time so you need more than 1 stop, really is a joke

My understanding is that the coaches have been allocated stands One and Two at L1.
(06/12/2015 21:06)Peterw Wrote:  My understanding is that the coaches have been allocated stands One and Two at L1.

We have Been told 1 and 6. But as per usual don't honestly think they thought it out properly
(06/12/2015 21:00)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Im guessing the extra stop will be at the top of brownlow hill where the university district is.

We don't know. Usually drivers are the last to know. Great forward planning. But area around Brownlow Hill or Mount Pleasant area. As soon as I know any info on routing stops etc will post.
(05/12/2015 23:16)T42 PVM Wrote:  Found out today that the National Express Coach Station in Liverpool (Norton Street) is to close on 16th January 2016, All Coaches will use the Megabus stop in Liverpool One, Cant see how this is going to work as Liverpool One is in a poor location for the direction most the Coach Services go (so this adding extra time to trips) and theres no where for Coaches to layover as Liverpool One's layover is packed at the best of times, Very poor move here by Nation Express

The land is going to be used for Student Homes as well

National Express website says that the station will close on 14 January 2016 (a Thursday) rather than 16 January (Saturday). If that is correct, then it does seem odd for its last day to be a Thursday rather than a Saturday.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/Help-and-...=liverpool
(06/12/2015 21:16)SF07 Wrote:  National Express website says that the station will close on 14 January 2016 (a Thursday) rather than 16 January (Saturday). If that is correct, then it does seem odd for its last day to be a Thursday rather than a Saturday.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/Help-and-...=liverpool

I cant see anything on that link that says the Coach Station is closing, Could you tell me where abouts to look?

My main worry is i normally buy tickets online and go down to the Coach Station and collect from one of them Ticket things in the wall, I wonder once the Coach Station is gone how am i going to do this

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/12/2015 21:25)T42 PVM Wrote:  I cant see anything on that link that says the Coach Station is closing, Could you tell me where abouts to look?

My main worry is i normally buy tickets online and go down to the Coach Station and collect from one of them Ticket things in the wall, I wonder once the Coach Station is gone how am i going to do this

Simple, go into find more coach stations, pick Liverpool and it mentions that Norton Street is closing. As for your tickets, well no idea.
(06/12/2015 21:25)T42 PVM Wrote:  I cant see anything on that link that says the Coach Station is closing, Could you tell me where abouts to look?

No need worry about your tickets. If you have a mobile phone and you can book your tickets on-line, just select the option send ticket to phone. Then when you board your coach just show the ticket on the message Nat ex sent you. Easy as that.

Can also be picked up/booked from most local post offices.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)