Current time: 25/04/2024, 11:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

X50 service in Ashton-Under-Lyne?
X50 service in Ashton-Under-Lyne?
Recently I've noticed that a couple of bus stop flags on Wellington Road in Ashton-Under-Lyne have the route number X50 on, but as far as I'm aware the only X50 service in Manchester is the Piccadilly - Trafford Centre service. Can anyone shine any light on this, as to who operates it, when it operates and where it goes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: X50 service in Ashton-Under-Lyne?
(01/12/2015 18:29)joe_alker Wrote:  Recently I've noticed that a couple of bus stop flags on Wellington Road in Ashton-Under-Lyne have the route number X50 on, but as far as I'm aware the only X50 service in Manchester is the Piccadilly - Trafford Centre service. Can anyone shine any light on this, as to who operates it, when it operates and where it goes?

Which stops exactly Joe?
I'm guessing perhaps it's been put up in error instead of '350' or it's some kind of expires limited stop service following along the lines of the 350.
(01/12/2015 18:41)Mayneway Wrote:  Which stops exactly Joe?
I'm guessing perhaps it's been put up in error instead of '350' or it's some kind of expires limited stop service following along the lines of the 350.

The ones outside the Market Hall, near the new college. It's on both sides of the road as well, and the 350 is listed in addition on the side heading towards Mossley. I don't think it is erroneous, but nowhere else in Ashton is the X50 listed. I've also never seen one.
(01/12/2015 19:26)joe_alker Wrote:  The ones outside the Market Hall, near the new college. It's on both sides of the road as well, and the 350 is listed in addition on the side heading towards Mossley. I don't think it is erroneous, but nowhere else in Ashton is the X50 listed. I've also never seen one.

Then flags have only recently been fitted when the stops were moved although like you I don't think a X50 currently exists unless it's a coach service.
Wasn't there a service to Holmfirth operated by South Pennine Travel using a Rohill Harrier? Sure it was either x30 or x50.
Thanks for the info. I'm surprised there is a demand for a service from that part of the country into Ashton, it's not really prime day out material is it? Especially not on a Thursday. If it was Saturdays, and it had journeys from Ashton to Holmfirth and back, instead of only catering for passengers in WY, then it might serve some use.
I had completly forgotten about this. I must admit I've seen it well discussed on the 'other' forum but has not twigged that it ran from Ashton.
Presumably thier using a welfare style minibus rather than a standard bus?
Details of their services can be found here: http://www.southpenninect.co.uk/busservices.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)