Current time: 21/05/2024, 14:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which independent operator do you miss the most?
RE: Which independent operator do you miss the most?
(01/12/2015 21:33)mbonwick Wrote:  I find it interesting that the first two replies to this thread cite GTL and JPT....both operators whose demise came about as a result of financial difficulties, and who were subsequently found to have maintainence that left a lot to be desired.

Perhaps a good demonstration that an enthusiasts idea of a "good" bus doesn't necessarily tally with the harsh reality?

Having just read this months buses magazine and the news about the former director of Velvet and latterly Western Greyhound and his manager I would tend to agree, and where GTL is concerned I carnt really comment but where JPT is concerned, sadly it had nothing to do with financial difficulties but the pure greed of the former owners son who for some reason decided he wanted to make a quick buck rather than uphold the reputation and standing in the industry his parents had built up since de-reg. No doubt if they hadn't retired when they did JPT or JP Travel as it was would still be operating in Middleton today!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which independent operator do you miss the most? - Mayneway - 21/12/2015 01:14

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)