Current time: 06/05/2024, 03:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trio passes on the walrus card
Trio passes on the walrus card
Does anyone know when trio passes will be on the walrus smartcard?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Trio passes on the walrus card
That is going to be a while off yet as Merseyrail definitely don't have all the equipment yet in operation for Walrus.

Does Northern Rail have there equipment up and running.

Also Stagecoach and Arriva are having teething problems as well.

It will come in slowly but surely.
If it's anything like the introduction of the Solo onto the Walrus card, it will not be a success. It's a stupid system - I can't believe that somebody thought that it would be a great idea to quadruple (at least) the time it takes to process the damned things, on bus.
(21/10/2015 09:20)DEM777Y Wrote:  If it's anything like the introduction of the Solo onto the Walrus card, it will not be a success. It's a stupid system - I can't believe that somebody thought that it would be a great idea to quadruple (at least) the time it takes to process the damned things, on bus.

You're quite right, they take much longer than the saveaway walrus to register on the machine, it's a pain! For the system to be a success and more rapid, I believe London needs to be used as a model. The oyster is instant, and the positioning of the reader on buses is much more sensible, it's more obvious and easier to reach as its not behind the assault screens and is vertical rather than horizontal. Much more sensible.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(21/10/2015 09:51)R879 HRF Wrote:  You're quite right, they take much longer than the saveaway walrus to register on the machine, it's a pain! For the system to be a success and more rapid, I believe London needs to be used as a model. The oyster is instant, and the positioning of the reader on buses is much more sensible, it's more obvious and easier to reach as its not behind the assault screens and is vertical rather than horizontal. Much more sensible.

I agree that the reader is in a silly place. There are a few older vehicles out and about where you have you essentially join the driver in the cab to reach the machine behind the screen, they're that far back!
(21/10/2015 11:28)Enviro400 Wrote:  I agree that the reader is in a silly place. There are a few older vehicles out and about where you have you essentially join the driver in the cab to reach the machine behind the screen, they're that far back!

The worst I found was Arriva's Optare Solo's at Birkenhead, you have to go behind the door then stretch over to get your arm onto the ticket machine.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)