Current time: 15/05/2024, 23:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chester Bus Station
RE: Chester Bus Station
Seems to be some confusion with Townlynx. Neither the T1 or the 9 timetables appear on the relevant stops. Traveline shows the 9 leaving at 17.13 and stopping at stand V outside the Bull and Stirrup one minute later, but it never appeared at all.
Traveline still shows the T1 from Delamere Street but it is on the electronic screens as stand F although it actually used E, although most passengers got on at N!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/06/2017 17:04)mikestone Wrote:  Seems to be some confusion with Townlynx. Neither the T1 or the 9 timetables appear on the relevant stops. Traveline shows the 9 leaving at 17.13 and stopping at stand V outside the Bull and Stirrup one minute later, but it never appeared at all.
Traveline still shows the T1 from Delamere Street but it is on the electronic screens as stand F although it actually used E, although most passengers got on at N!

I think the T1 is being withdrawn from July

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
It is, but all the "where to catch your bus posters" refer to it, so when the punters get to the stop they should have the details.
I must say I would have thought as it is being withdrawn it is presumably a loss maker, so why bother rerouting it for three weeks, presumably incurring departure charges?
(07/06/2017 21:40)mikestone Wrote:  I must say I would have thought as it is being withdrawn it is presumably a loss maker, so why bother rerouting it for three weeks, presumably incurring departure charges?

Unlike the other operators who've moved services to the new Interchange, I've not noticed Townlynx submit any route changes for either the 9 or T1 in N&P's so presumably both have been rerouted "illegally", which of course comes at no cost to the operator. The departure charges for the 9 may be picked up by Flintshire Council as this is still being operated on an emergency basis. The T1 departure charges for three weeks will only amount to £89 which isn't exactly going to break the bank. Of course if they've not paid £60 for a variation they may not bother paying £89 for departures...
AFAIK Townlynx kept the T1 as registered for Gore Stacks. It was always shown that it stops on Gore Stacks when it was closed. How do you work out that it will cost £89 for departures? The charge is now only 30p i was told.
Is that 30p per departure is this the charge for the use of the bus station ?

I think he is talking N&P issued by DVSA for the changed reg.
I know it is £60 for the change of registration but i am unsure where the additional £89 came from.

Apparently it is 30p departure charge in the new station though I could be mistaken. This is what I am told because the original £1.50 was too much and operators refused to pay that much.
The departure charge for services within the Interchange 'horseshoe' (Stands 'E' to 'N') is £0.45 per departure. Outside on Gorse Stacks (Stands 'A to 'D') there is a different arrangement with an annual charge regardless of the number of departures.

The £89 I mention is actually £89.10.
T1 - 11 departures a day @ 0.45p = £4.95 x 6 days = £29.70 x 3 weeks remaining = £89.10.
What the heck? Why different prices depending on which stand you are in. Lets face it, the bus companies dont choose which stand they are in so that is rather unfair. I thought the charge was less but I see how with your figure of 45p, the calculations work. I thought there were less departures and less cost hence why my figure was lower.
I do know that yesterday there was delays on roads surrounding the Bus Station which caused some difficulties to Stagecoach services , as Stagecoach twittered out all yesterday.

What i have noticed in the bus station is the layover of some X8 journeys on the high lettered stands. On Tuesday one was on layover for the best part of 15 minutes , it didnt seem to cause chaos yet but can imagine a bus coming into the bus station and picking any letter to drop off on in due course.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)