Current time: 20/04/2024, 02:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyside Night Buses
RE: Merseyside Night Buses
(25/09/2016 20:13)T42 PVM Wrote:  I have just been sent photos of the N1 getting busy as well

Any chance of posting them? Thanks. Without sounding like a broken record, if night buses were simply an extension of daytime operations, I have no doubt that they would be packed, especially at weekends. Ultimately, in the current deregulated set-up, it depends on whether or not Arriva and Stagecoach are able to make a 15% profit margin.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Once again though it really does look like Stagecoach is more proactive and growing there business and overnight services can be seen to grow there business.

One thing i have is there may be a case for an overnight service on the 86 corridor in liverpool 24/7 but is there a case for elsewhere though , at the moment other that route you may struggle beyond a Friday Night / Saturday Morning , Saturday Night / Sunday Morning for most other routes.
(26/09/2016 14:34)wirralbus Wrote:  Once again though it really does look like Stagecoach is more proactive and growing there business and overnight services can be seen to grow there business.

One thing i have is there may be a case for an overnight service on the 86 corridor in liverpool 24/7 but is there a case for elsewhere though , at the moment other that route you may struggle beyond a Friday Night / Saturday Morning , Saturday Night / Sunday Morning for most other routes.

I agree that the N1 is probably only viable Friday and Saturday nights, but it is a start and a move in the right direction.

If the N1 becomes popular at weekends it may push Stagecoach to introduce the 471/2 as a nightbus on weekends, and if that is popular then the N1 may start to see weekday service also etc...
(26/09/2016 11:59)Barney Wrote:  Any chance of posting them? Thanks. Without sounding like a broken record, if night buses were simply an extension of daytime operations, I have no doubt that they would be packed, especially at weekends. Ultimately, in the current deregulated set-up, it depends on whether or not Arriva and Stagecoach are able to make a 15% profit margin.

They are not my photos so I don't want to post them on here however you remind me later I will drop them in a PM you

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A limited stop night version of the 47 would make sense to try.
The 47 would not work hence its finish time got cut back a year or 2 ago

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(27/09/2016 11:29)B10B6514 Wrote:  A limited stop night version of the 47 would make sense to try.

There's absolutely no need for an express service. After midnight the roads are relatively quiet. This would be a much better/cheaper option than the Christmas Merseyrail night service, IMO.
Stagecoach have announced that the N1 is to be retained after its initial three-month trial period but renumbered 1. Times are unchanged.
Fantastic news! Thanks for sharing

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)