Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tyrers Bus and Coach
RE: Tyrers Bus and Coach
(22/10/2015 19:02)Mayneway Wrote:  I very much doubt there is any sort of agreement in place it's just easy for the vehicles to fill up close to the depot or base.
The big fuel companies invest heavily in monitoring thier sites and can have deliveries organised and on route to a site in under an hour - it's big business.
A lot of companies, travel master, Swans travel and Alfa coaches to name but a few have fuel cards which are carried in each vehicle and will fill up when nessecary using these fuel cards.

It would be good planning to know when he will be bringing his vehicles in to be filled up if he has a train of vehicles so that he doesn't get caught out by a filling station stocking up when he needs the fuel , don't forget not all filling stations have HGV fueling facilities .

Shell Carlett where Helms fuels up has there commercial pump out away from the canopy now , but originally the pumps prior to rebuild where under the canopy for commercial users.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/10/2015 19:20)wirralbus Wrote:  It would be good planning to know when he will be bringing his vehicles in to be filled up if he has a train of vehicles so that he doesn't get caught out by a filling station stocking up when he needs the fuel , don't forget not all filling stations have HGV fueling facilities .

Shell Carlett where Helms fuels up has there commercial pump out away from the canopy now , but originally the pumps prior to rebuild where under the canopy for commercial users.

Sites with HGV facilities are monitored more so then smaller sites and believe it or not the big companies employ outside wetstock management companies such as Fairbanks to not only monitor sites but also predict surges in demand. As I say it's massive business and it's really only supermarket forecourts that are behind the times in this respect. I regularly see my local tesco and Morrisions sites closed because they have run out if fuel but very very rarely see the bigger (BP, Shell, texeco etc) closed due to having run out if fuel.

The days of petrol station staff going out taking tank dips every few hours have long gone, the technology involved these days is amazing.
(22/10/2015 17:29)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I think there all ex arriva london deckers but T42 PVM as better knowledge on there fleet than me lol.

They got loads of ex Arriva London DLA's, Some i managed to ID already (see Page 1)

Recent arrivals are Dennis Tridents KV02 USN and KV02 URS from Gledards, URS is still running around with Geldards Fleetnames

Not heard of any depot in Horwich but will ask Drivers i know there just to make sure

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Latest additions to the Fleet are former Fishwicks LR52 KXJ and LR52 KWW

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Tyrers have also bought 4 R-LGH Olympians from Rosso, one of them is R338 LGH

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know what Tyrers normally use on their Bolton FC matchday Service number 14 from Wigan?

Think it varies Terence but usually the only way I find out is by heading down to Middlebrook when Bolton are at home and getting the vehicles when they come in or intime for when their leaving and everything is well organised as they have their own Bus Controllers who organise how vehicles are parked and what order vehicles leave as well
Former Arriva London Wright Gemini 1s DW82 and DW91 have turned up with Tyrers

Former Stagecoach Volvo B10M R794 URM has turned up,Dont think its going to see use tho

Former Courtneys East Lancs Lowlanders YJ56 KCK and RX06 WRU are here for Service

Had LJ03 MYY (I think) on a private hire on my works do last night. Considering this vehicle (and the rest of the batch) have probably had a hard life in London, it was a pretty powerful beast - very impressed with its turn of speed. I say I think it was that vehicle as I only seen the reg briefly and was ever so slightly(!) half cut at the time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)