Current time: 17/05/2024, 23:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go Goodwins
RE: Go Goodwins
(29/08/2017 14:03)mikemcniven Wrote:  more and more are reverting to their old registrations

It's sad to see them go, I have used the services for so long, until the 268 got rerouted and renumbered making it impossible for me to use, but their drivers were always welcoming and friendly, and the whole bus was able to have a good gossip and a laugh Smile I always enjoyed travelling with Goodwins and would often allow and Arriva go past so I could enjoy a ride with them.

I am please to know they are continuing to run some school services and keeping the coaching business, so it's not a complete goodbye, but for service buses it is.

I Went to Altrincham today for what is likely to be my last chance to capture then before Rotala take control on Friday. It's sad to see them go after using their services for so long and having such welcoming and friendly drivers, I hope it's something that will continue until Rotala control.

1013 is now back to FN07DHE
[Image: 36083744443_4a338b0590_z.jpg]
Go Goodwins FN07DHE by Mike McNiven, on Flickr

1007 is now back to YJ55YHR
[Image: 36083753413_a95940f5b3_z.jpg]
Go Goodwins YJ55YHR by Mike McNiven, on Flickr

1001 remains SCZ3842 for now
[Image: 36721219212_a608b5cac9_z.jpg]
Go Goodwins SCZ3842 by Mike McNiven, on Flickr

Wasnt SCZ3842 its origional plate? If so cant see it changing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/08/2017 14:43)E208 WBG Wrote:  Wasnt SCZ3842 its origional plate? If so cant see it changing

Correct. New to Ulsterbus
Also FN07DHE never had a private reg!

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/08/2017 14:03)mikemcniven Wrote:  more and more are reverting to their old registrations

It's sad to see them go, I have used the services for so long, until the 268 got rerouted and renumbered making it impossible for me to use, but their drivers were always welcoming and friendly, and the whole bus was able to have a good gossip and a laugh Smile I always enjoyed travelling with Goodwins and would often allow and Arriva go past so I could enjoy a ride with them.

I am please to know they are continuing to run some school services and keeping the coaching business, so it's not a complete goodbye, but for service buses it is.

I Went to Altrincham today for what is likely to be my last chance to capture then before Rotala take control on Friday. It's sad to see them go after using their services for so long and having such welcoming and friendly drivers, I hope it's something that will continue until Rotala control.

I echo your sentiments Mike, Go Goodwins will be missed from the local network. All of their drivers are very friendly, and their buses kept immaculate. Not many companies had a notice behind the driver's door with the contact details of the owner should any passenger have a complaint!
In theory apart from the operating name I can't see anything changing for the forseeable future as I think the Goodwins drivers unless any of them decide to leave will probably still be on the same routes from next week as Rotala especially at Diamond Northwest seem to have seperate drivers for seperate routes and they very rarely do anything else for example usually you won't see any of Diamond Northwest's Wigan Drivers doing anything else other than Wigan Work and the same for any of the Trafford/Leigh drivers they only do the routes on their own roster, its the same currently I think for the Manchester/Salford drivers they only do the Manchester/Salford tenders.
When Arriva acquired Cheshire based Nova Scotia they swapped vehicles around so Arriva branded ones appeared on the ex-Nova Scotia routes and the yet to be rebranded ex-Nova Scotia vehicles appeared on the routes Arriva had been operating for a while. Even when they did that the drivers remained on their usual routes.
According to a post elsewhere they have been using a V reg Solo on local tenders today - slightly older than the age limit!
(30/08/2017 19:14)Mayneway Wrote:  According to a post elsewhere they have been using a V reg Solo on local tenders today - slightly older than the age limit!

I saw 22 T3WES (V407VTO) on the 79 earlier so guessing it was that
(30/08/2017 22:57)Citibus Wrote:  I saw 22 T3WES (V407VTO) on the 79 earlier so guessing it was that

That's the one. Bit naughty but I suppose with the takeover just a couple of days away they arnt too bothered.
(30/08/2017 22:57)Citibus Wrote:  I saw 22 T3WES (V407VTO) on the 79 earlier so guessing it was that

GOG 3 T (V406JTO) was in Wythenshawe yesterday
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)